Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do any basses have "reverse" neck dive?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Danham, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Danham

Danham Guest

Feb 11, 2003
    Shreveport LA
    I'm just asking out of curiosity. I'm assuming the definiton of a well balanced bass is one that naturally settles at 45 degrees when strapped across your body. Do any bass models have "reverse" neck dive and are constantly fighting to get in a vertical position? I think I would like to try one of these basses if they exist.:bassist:

2. How can it exist, gravity naturally pulls down on a neck, how can a neck ride up?

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. ...if the body is too heavy...Les Paul guitars are like that.

4. That' still the body being heavy not a neck reverse diving.

I own a Les Paul Recorder bass and yes the body is heavy but the neck stays where I put it.

I guess "straps" make a difference though.:meh:

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. I think it depends on how the strap sits on you. The neck on my bass likes to go down, but the way a buddy of mine wears his Beast, the body goes downer than the neck (to be technical about it.) It's physics, really, not my thing at all.

6. I guess if the body is heavy as shat...

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Treena has it right. No such thing as "reverse neck dive" unless, say, you attach a big helium balloon to the neck to counteract gravity!