Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do any of you ever use the tab section?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderbass1214, Jan 4, 2003.

1. occassionaly. i got tabs for a mogwai song "summer". it was odd; i went looking for that mogwai song in particular, and it's the only mogwai song there.

2. fenderbass1214

fenderbass1214 Guest

Oct 29, 2002
    California
    Floyd your the only one who ever replys to my thread. thanks.

3. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    yup, just did.

i'm still cant tab songs out for myself. i'm sad, i know.

4. I've banned myself from tabs. I'm learning notation, but it's hard to find notation without tab. I used tab when I first started, but I find most of them to be inncorrect now. I also feel that I can't learn anything from tabs, it's just an easy way to learn a song.

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I've tried to help some people a few times by offering standard notation and chord charts.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I am banned from the TaB fOrUm due to the fact that I am a member of Clan Tabevil©.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Now that you mention it, it's been a long time since I played from a bass tab. I don't really need to anymore. Whoa, go me! :)

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    chord CHARTS? standard no what tion? :confused: :confused: :confused: ;)

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    what's the deal with guys who post pictures that have nothing to do with the post?

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Don't know.

11. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Probably so he can link it to another forum, possible an avatar?

I've asked for songs in that forum on 2 occaisons, both times yeilded nothing. I was quite dissapointed :'O( :p. (I was after [i] Stanley Clarkes vulcan worlds[/i] and [i] lopsy lu[/i] if anyone can help :confused: )

12. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I've posted there a couple of times, can't remember why, but I've never used it to look for tabs. I do it by ear.

13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
  14. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    We have a Tab section.. ;)... never been there... I hear the weather is nice..

15. no prob, man.

16. OneCoolDog

OneCoolDog

Oct 15, 2002
    Alabama, USA
    Just came from there. Anyone notice that they can mess you up playing a song as much as they help you? I mean, I listen to what I'm playing and I don't seem to think a lot of times that the tabs are right. No offense to anyone who wrote them.

17. I only ever use them if I'm really stuck (trying to work it out myself) or if it's something I've got to be able to play, but can't stand listening to.

Even then they're usually wrong, but they'll at least give me a slight idea. I occasionally hear things about a 4th up from where they are, so it can be the break I need.

18. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    A bit off topic, but i think its really cheap and stupid how you guys disregard tab, and to the extent you go to do so, whether joking or not.

Who cares if people use them?