Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do anyone think this is a cool Mod? darkstars on an esp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Godhead'sLament, Feb 22, 2006.

1. well the title says it all really. obviously this is not something that i will do soon.. cus there are no 5-string darkstars yet.

so what do think of this idea? and what pickguard do you like best?

:bag:

Attached Files:

2. Warwickman0810

Warwickman0810

Mar 29, 2005
    London, UK
    I like the one with the dark pickguard. Equipped with a couple of EMG-Js that bass should kick butt :)

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    it looks like you could cut someone with that bass...

4. the dark PG bass looks sinister!
    i would guess that would be killer for some massive bottom end!
    btw, what kind of music do you play? i tried to check out the links in your sigs, but they botjh go nowhere...the reason i am asking is because IIRC ds pickups aren't great for clarity, but will provide huge low end...i'm not sure if thats what you are looking for or not...but the mod would look cool!

5. thanks for the comments guys

oh sorry bout the bad links, we have a problem with the server at the moment. well i play mostly death/thrash metal. but i do play funk, rock and other kind of music aswell.. the sound i'm after would be something like smooth, fat and punchy..

btw. the dark pg is suposed to be tortshell and and the otherone cream pearl..

6. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I would love to get my hands on a PG like the darker one...where would I get one cut like that? I have an ESP LTD F-255, so it would be perfect!!!

7. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Darkstars 5vers already???

Oh ok i just read the first post!

8. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The one with the tort guard looks like it would be PERFECT looks-wise for metal! As for the tone for metal, I cannot comment on that because ive never had the pleasure of playing a bass with Darkstars... I hear they are amazing though.

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The pickups would cost as much as the bass :p but it looks cool and would sound good.

10. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    sorry to be a bitch but i have to comment on the grammer for your title.(please dont tell me i just got that sentance wrong:bag: , usually happens when i comment on someone elses grammer )

i think they both look cool. but I like the 1st one more

11. Stifflip

Stifflip

Jan 20, 2006
    You've got to be kidding, man. :eyebrow:

12. well i'm planning to cut one myself, the shape is something i have drawn myself, so if you want one you have to make one. Feel free to use the shape though.. ;)

I realize that i'm not to hot on the grammer, but considering it's my second language i think i manage.. :meh:

13. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    How about spelling sentence and grammar correctly. And BTW, the letter "I" is always capitalized. Of course, I don't mean to bitch.

14. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    LOL OHHHHHHHHH!!!

15. i like the tort. not a big fan of the cream. F is a sweet bass shape!

what would really be sweet is a mirror pickguard... and a mirror truss-rod cover to match! Mmmmmmmmm...

as for the darkstars, i can't comment. they'd sound absolutely sweet though!

16. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I, personally, am a fan of the cream coloured pick-guard, but like the others have said, the red tort is definatley more sinister looking.