Do effect pedals have a distinct colour ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MojoPenguin, Nov 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MojoPenguin

MojoPenguin

Jul 11, 2014
    Europe Bro'
    Just wondering Flangers are very often purple, Choruses Blue, etc.. I understand it probably originates from Boss Pedals and their own colour scheme, or is it ? Do you guys have any thoughts on that ?

PS. Guess Phasers should be orange due to MXR...

2. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

When I first started playing I had a DOD Flanger,(orange)Chorus(grey-blue) and Analog Delay(Royal blue)
    images.duckduckgo.com.jpegFL.jpeg images.duckduckgo.com.jpegCR.jpeg images.duckduckgo.com.jpegAD.jpeg So.

DigiTechRep and MojoPenguin like this.
  3. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I think you've pretty much nailed it. Don't know that there is more to it than imitation of some of the classics.

MojoPenguin and gebass6 like this.
  4. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'd be interested to have someone play test tones through a bunch of different sorts of effects at people who experience synesthesia and see what colors they hear.

5. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I feel like whenever I've read about that form of synesthesia (my son has it but more for letters and numbers) it's more about the fundamental note than it is tone/timbre/etc. But I could be wrong.

6. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I know what color a Megalith would be:

MojoPenguin likes this.
  7. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    I have four distortion pedals-all different ones--although two are similar.
    Two are orange & two are red.

Hmm...

MojoPenguin likes this.
  8. My phaser is indeed orange and not a MXR or Boss.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021