Do GC salespeople make you feel guilty?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by I_am_Rage, Jul 16, 2002.

1. I went to Guitar Center and returned my head and when i got there i found out that they didn't carry the particular head i was going to buy. So then he tryed showing me other heads and talking to me about my rig, what i was looking, what was wrong with the head, and other BS. And in my mind I was settled on getting the head that i orignally wanted so i just wanted a refund so i can go to a different store. But i felt guilty to return and just ask for a refund. :oops: I don't know if anyone else feels like this when returning products but i did for some reason. Anyone else get like this? :confused: :oops:
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Yeah, I'm like that. I think I was brought up to try not impose myself on other people, so I usually do whatever I can to make things easier for other people, even if it's their job. I bought a bass cord the other day for just that reason; it wasn't the one I wanted, but it was the best one the guy had in his store, so I didn't want to say no for some reason. I usually stack up all my plates and dishes at restaurants so the waitresses don't have to, as well.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    C'mon! it's GC. Don't worry about it. I make THEM feel guilty every time I can.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    GC is known to me and my friends as "Mess with the Sales People"
  5. Hell no I don't feel guilty at GC. I know for a fact they would rip off my grandmother if they had the chance.

However, I would feel guilty about a large refund from my local independant store.
  6. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I never feel guilty when i go there.i do feel kinda bad when i ask one simple thing and then they waste 30 minutes going on an on about it and then i dont buy anything.:p
  7. bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    Never. No way. They NEVER make me feel guilty. This is the way I see it:
    If you work hard for your money, you better get exactly what you want. I'm not exactly proud of returning equipment, but I have done it twice.
    About eight months ago I brought a Warwick Corvette limited home. I played it for two nights and it just wasn't singing to me. I brought it back right away and they had no problem with it. For $1,400 or so (with case and stuff) you should be pretty darned happy with that bass. I wasn't, and to me, $1,400 is a lot of money. So I took it back. I'm friends with the manager, so I sort of apologized to him about returning it. He said it was absolutely no problem, that's what the policy is for. He said if he had 50 people returning things every day, he'd have a problem. But it's not that way.
    That made me feel even better.
  8. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    GC has a clear 30-day "no-questions" return policy,
    which is one favorable thing I can say about them
    Besides that, they have selection, and I suppose that it's almost impossible for an independent to match their pricing- Damn, they now carry all the bass goods- Eden, SWR, Ampeg,Warwick, Mesa,
    MM, Fender, etc. etc.
    IMO to deal with them, you decide what it is you want FIRST then make them a reasonable offer lower than their list. They have a certain percentage of leeway before they say no.

I'm still hurting over the closure of LABX out here-
    the difference was night & day- You guys with Bass Central, Bass NW, etc- Count your blessings!!