Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do I ever feel like an idiot...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Velkov, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Velkov

Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    About a month ago I bought a Boss GE-7B pedal from a guy that had it going on ebay for $50 American. Nobody bid on it so I emailed the guy and he ended up selling it to me for $50 Canadian. I went and picked it up from his house in Toronto. He had a bunch of basses up on the walls. He was a cool guy. We talked for about 10 minutes, I asked him what kind of music he played. He said, "You know, Rock and stuff..." I said, "Cool..." I gave him the money, he gave me the pedal. I drove home.

Today I was going through old emails deleting whatever I don't need and I looked at the guy's email adress - bruce@imotherearth.com!!! I'm not a crazy I Mother Earth fan but I definitely think they are one of the cooler Canadian bands that came out of the 90's. I feel like such an idiot now.

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i don´t know if i want to send this to effects or what :D

but since it´s music related but not a gig story and sounds like Miscellaneous... there you go!

have a nice day!

-Dave

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    That's funny. It never really happenned to me, but a friend of mine who works in a restaurant across the street from a major Jazz Club (Yoshi's) Started to talk to this musician who told him he had played with Oscar Peterson, Joe Pass, Stephane Grappelli and a slew of other Jazz greats. He was impressed, but being a voice major, never heard of the guy.

Later on, after the guy left he was told it was Niels Henning Orsted-Pedersen.

4. Velkov

Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    I thought it was so funny because I've definitely seen the guy on TV and know a couple of I Mother Earth songs but had no idea that was him.:D

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    you should go back to his house say " you're not famous anymore" and steal all of his basses. ;)