1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do I ever feel like an idiot...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Velkov, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Velkov

Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    About a month ago I bought a Boss GE-7B pedal from a guy that had it going on ebay for $50 American. Nobody bid on it so I emailed the guy and he ended up selling it to me for $50 Canadian. I went and picked it up from his house in Toronto. He had a bunch of basses up on the walls. He was a cool guy. We talked for about 10 minutes, I asked him what kind of music he played. He said, "You know, Rock and stuff..." I said, "Cool..." I gave him the money, he gave me the pedal. I drove home.

Today I was going through old emails deleting whatever I don't need and I looked at the guy's email adress - bruce@imotherearth.com!!! I'm not a crazy I Mother Earth fan but I definitely think they are one of the cooler Canadian bands that came out of the 90's. I feel like such an idiot now.

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i don´t know if i want to send this to effects or what :D

but since it´s music related but not a gig story and sounds like Miscellaneous... there you go!

have a nice day!

-Dave

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    That's funny. It never really happenned to me, but a friend of mine who works in a restaurant across the street from a major Jazz Club (Yoshi's) Started to talk to this musician who told him he had played with Oscar Peterson, Joe Pass, Stephane Grappelli and a slew of other Jazz greats. He was impressed, but being a voice major, never heard of the guy.

Later on, after the guy left he was told it was Niels Henning Orsted-Pedersen.

4. Velkov

Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    I thought it was so funny because I've definitely seen the guy on TV and know a couple of I Mother Earth songs but had no idea that was him.:D

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    you should go back to his house say " you're not famous anymore" and steal all of his basses. ;)