Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do I need the ME-6B?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nemo, Feb 16, 2006.

1. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    Hi there,
    I have seen an local advert for Boss ME-6B multieffect. This one was used by Stuart Zender, well probably not exactly that one particular piece..
    Anyway, it is for about $80 and I am not sure if it is worth to go for it - price is funny, but you know, bulkiness, noise, etc. For effects I have already EBS BassIQ, EH Bassballs, Deep Impact, Korg G5 synth, Boss octaver - load of stuff on pedalboard, so I dont know if the ME-6B can bring anything these pedals can not do already.. or just add weight to my gig baggage. What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

The synths and filters you already own are miles ahead from what you will find in the ME-6B.
    Drive effects are crappy, so, it could only help in the modulation and time sections. A brand new Korg Ax-3B or Zoom B2 will do much better for cheaper and take less space.

3. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    Yes, I thought that, but I remember someone mentioned some unique synth patches on it which cannot be found anywhere else - esp. ones used in Jamiroquai songs. I can live fine with my belowed pedal hord, but being a filter nut I didn't want to miss some potential jewel... oh yes. :help: