1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

do i need to phase invert the musket in my vb-jr

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by surfingbird1, Oct 1, 2009.

1. surfingbird1

surfingbird1

May 22, 2008
    I know why one needs to phase invert, but to be honest I dont know what I am listening for.

I finally got my vb-jr, and I have my musket in the loop, I was told that muffs need to be inverted if blended with clean signal, the musket is a muff derivative

any help is appreciated

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If the blended tone is thin, or lacking in low end, then try inverting the phase. Basically phase conflicts typically result in waves either canceling each other out, or resonating at specific frequencies, and the common audible signs are thinness and lack of lows.

Inverting the phase will not always solve the problem, and sometimes it can even make things worse, but it's a good tool to have for the instances where it does help.

3. What he said!

I have a few fuzzes that require me to pop the invert switch on my VB-Jr, and it's always just to try and bring back a little girth. Just switch it whichever way sounds better to you.

4. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Yup. Set the blend to 50-50, switch back and forth, and see which one sounds better.

5. surfingbird1

surfingbird1

May 22, 2008
    thanks for the replies

that is pretty much what i have been trying to figure out,

and yes the musket needs a blend now that you say it, it has more low end 100% wet than blended

so musket owners take note!