1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do I really want the Bassman Neo 610?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by armybass, Dec 22, 2017.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    OK... I know I want it... and I know I don't need it. Good now that that is out of the way.

I have a Bassman 100T that I gig with either a Neo 410 and a Neo 115. I have learned that in a smaller club the 115 is really the cab I am looking for. Outdoors I have been using the 410 with nothing but praise from myself and others. BUT..... there is always a BIG BUTT.... I keep seeing that big beautiful 4 ohm Neo 610 and thinking...... oh yeah.... that would be a lovely outdoor rig.

So there you have it. What would you do? DO you have the Neo 610? Could you live without it now that you have it?

Pbassmanca likes this.
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Another 1x15,: vertical stack, closer to your ears, better dispersion FOH and on stage, covers all your gigs.

CapnSev, Aqualung60, Jazz Ad and 5 others like this.
  3. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    do you really want it: .... YES!

do you really need it: depends :roflmao:

life is short, get the gear that makes you happy.

Merry Christmas

4. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    Not a fan of the 410 and 15?

5. GBBSbassist

GBBSbassist I actually play more guitar... Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Chicago
    If you truly wanted more than a 4x10 or a 1x15 (it sounds like you run them separately and choose one based on the gig), I'd go with a matching 4x10 to pair with your current one.

StraffordMike and armybass like this.
  6. If the 610 will do the job, then yes.
    Or have you considered adding another 4x10?

I assume your amp can handle less than 8 Ohms?
    Two 8 Ohm 4x10 will be 4 Ohms.
    The 610 is something like 5.6 Ohms I believe.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  7. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Of course you do! You want them all. So get them. Get two when they're on sale, like right now. Get them all. Then get two.

8. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Sounds like you know me.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  9. If I already had a 410 and liked it. ..I'd just get another. .. for a modular 810

As you've got and like the 115 .... I can say that 2 of them is awesome. So. ..I'd recommend this. But who am I to tell you not to get the 610....

armybass and Aqualung60 like this.
  10. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    I wouldn't have a need for both a 610 and a 410. A 610 for me, is easier to load, easier to move, and easier to hear than a 410. I'd replace the 410 with the 610, then down the road I'd get another 115.

11. Good plan. I'd probly just stick with one 610 and one 115.
    15 for smaller gigs. .. Lovely.

armybass and blubass like this.
  12. FMBassist

FMBassist

Nov 27, 2017
    Milford PA
    Well, I look at it this way Sarge. A 4x10 Neo weighs 64lbs, and a 6x10 Neo weighs 95lbs, and an 8x10 Neo will weigh 120lbs. So unless your Superman, or if you can get an E-3 or lower rank to hump those things; then I'd stay with what I have. From a former Army Staff Sergeant.

armybass likes this.
  13. FMBassist

FMBassist

Nov 27, 2017
    Milford PA
    P.S. Thanks for your service!!!

armybass likes this.
  14. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    If you like the tone of the cabs you like, why would you introduce another variable? Get a second 410 or 115.

15. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca In the pocket n' thumpy. So woody, so greasy...

You should definitely buy the Neo 610. Don't delay, don't hesitate, go buy it and then play it and don't ever sell it. #Nogearregrets!

armybass likes this.
  16. HOOLIGAN

HOOLIGAN

Dec 21, 2007
    Cowtown, USA
    When I got my Super Bassman I was torn between getting the Fender 610 or 810 as they were very close in price, but I was used to having Ampeg 810s (and was keeping it) and was looking to downsize a bit so I went with the 610 and have no regrets.

I was concerned about not having speakers as close to ear level as I was used to but the 610 surrrounds the room in a way I haven’t experienced with any other cab.
    Half the weight of my Ampeg 810, and combined with the Super Bassman head it is the best looking & sounding rig I have owned.

17. lowmid1

lowmid1 Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I like the 610. In my experience it is a better option than the 410. Gets the sound closer to your ears, it is enough for pretty much any gig and with the tip and roll thing it is easier to move. I tried two 410s for a while and it was too much and a pain to schlep around. The fender looks like a nice cab as well. I have the Ampeg 610hlf and I’m very pleased with it.

Pbassmanca, LeftyD and armybass like this.
  18. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks for all the great input folks. I do like the 410 as a single cab, it sounds great. Same with the 115 and as I said I really like the 115 in smaller to medium sized rooms. The one time I ran them stacked together I was not so happy with the sound. I felt like I lost the bottom and got all mid-range. I was going to run them Side by side the next time I used both cabs but have yet to do it. My desire to own the 610 has absolutely no reflection on my feelings towards the two that I have. I would probably sell the 410 if I got the 610 just because I would not need both sing I would have an 8 ohm rig for smaller gigs and a bigger 4 ohm cab for outdoor and bigger rooms.

I just like buying gear and I have been so impressed with the Bassman Neo cabs that I am really attracted to the 610. The only reason I have not purchased it yet is that both of my current cabs fit perfectly in the back of my Pathfinder. I am not so sure I could get the 610 into that same spot and I dont really like using my truck for gigging. The truck has a cover on the back but it is 16 years old and I dont like taking it for long distance or late night gigs.

Thank you for yours as well. I have been out for eeeek, 12 years. It was my pleasure to serve and I had the best gig in the world.

Pbassmanca and LeftyD like this.
  19. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Did you try the 4-10 on bottom?

armybass likes this.
  20. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    I did not. Never even thought about that.

Pbassmanca likes this.