Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do it.

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by ampeglb100, Nov 16, 2003.

1. ampeglb100

ampeglb100

Oct 1, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Stop being a wuss and just try it. If you keep telling yourself "I can't do this, I can't do that" then, well, you can't - and you never will until you get over it and try. We are talking about changing the strings (something you must be able to do already, I hope) and adjusting the saddles for height and intonation. There are tons of links and examples around the net for doing this. Try that, see if you even like either of these tunings, then worry about tweaking the nut permanantly or adjusting the neck releif (unless you are comfortable with doing that now, but it sounds like you are not).

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    I think you intended this as a reply to another post - if you want to repost it in the correct thread, I'll delete this one,

cheers

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net (new guestbook/forum here)

3. ampeglb100

ampeglb100

Oct 1, 2002
    Portland, OR
    This was supposed to be a reply to a thread about picollo and tenor tunings for bass/setup/etc... I swear it was around here the other day... the guy was getting kind of pissy with everyone too.

Hmmm...

Andy

4. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    er, yeah, don't know where that thread has gone. Must've been that the guy who started it deleted it, I guess... wasn't me!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

5. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    I took it as an unsolicited but timely call to action for all of us. For too long we have sat idly by and not Done It. Now, as has been made plainly clear, the time for the Doing of It (or, if you're from the South, the Doin' of It) has arrived, leaving each of us to assess his or her own It Doing potential.

Maybe I read too much into it...

j.