Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

do it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by coloradok1d, Apr 6, 2003.

1. coloradok1d

coloradok1d Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    I've been looking for a new bass that is just a solid rock bass for about a year and I am still on a warwick standard 5 or maybe a warwick proline 5. I've tried everything. Even really high end basses like warriors and modulus(I play a quantum). I just want to put some villex pickups in the one I get. I love the sound of a warwick. I swear I can play faster on it. It's like a jazz fender neck, maybe it's just really tight string spacing. The only thing I don't like about it is that everyone is buying warwick, they're kinda the new standard and that's the ony reason I'm thinking of getting a proline for 100 more. Plus the honey looks great.

Is there any reason why me and this bass should not be joined in groove? Post now or forever feel the gig rumble.

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I say go for it. I never stand in the way of a good marriage :D

3. I have villex on my Chapman Stick XG and they are some of the best pickups you can get. Passive with a lot of output. I say go for it as well. http://www.stick.com/instruments/pickups/pasv4/ that is the stick version obviously but it explains a little about the technology in them