Do mini bass amps exist

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Janas, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Janas

Nov 25, 2002
    It's a bit of a crazy question but i need to quench my amp jealousy. The guitarist in my band has a mini 4w Marshall guitar "stack" Does anyone know if someone like Trace Eliot do a mini bass amp so that i can compete with him???:meh:

(It would also come in handy busking ;) )
  2. Marshall used to make a mini bass amp stack with a head, and 2 1x8"(i think) speaker cabinets, all covered in red tolex. there was a guitar version, still in production. the bass model's been discontinued but you can probably still find one around.
  3. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    My friend has a little mini fender amp, with a 3 in. speaker or something. I think pignose makes a small, portable bass amp.

I saw the marshall mini-bass stack used a few months ago. I dont remember how much it was.
  4. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Trace used to make a 1x10 combo with (I believe) a bandpass cabinet; so the front of the combo was actually a slot port instead of the face of the driver itself. It made about 80w and wasn't cheap.

The SWR LA-8 is pretty small and sounds nice enough (if quiet).
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    If you're seriously interested in buying something small to do some busking then I'd look into the little Pignose combo. Can run on ac power or batteries.

As far as the LA 8 goes - my only comment on it's tone is blecch.

brad cook