1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do Music123 not know what an Email is?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by needmoney, Nov 29, 2006.

1. So I ordered a Protec 2 space rack case off these guys a couple of weeks back. They stated on the product description it was due November 20th which is now long gone. The status on the item description is now 'On Order'.

Fair enough.

So I try to email them...

Once.. Twice.. Three times.. to different departments (Guitars/Bass, Sales, Customer Service), and still they have not replied.

It's good to see they can still send me a bunch of spam crap that I didn't ask to recieve though!

Is it just impossible to get onto these guys through email? I really don't want to have to make an international call and speak to some uptight wanker.

:help:

2. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    they're probably swamped right now due to the holidays and such. that's what happened to my fuzz factory, which said delivery in 2-3 days. 2 weeks have passed. granted, the seller was on vacation for 3 days, but it's still been a while.

3. i tried to order some stuff from there and their customer service was terrible. i took my business elsewhere.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Uhhh, you *do* know that they just declared bankruptcy, right?

5. Rimshot

Rimshot Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Chicago
    Really? Daaayum. I did NOT know that. (there is no sarcasm here, I really did not know that)

hmmm, I always liked Music123.

6. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I tried them multiple times in the past, and the experiences were not good.

For me, they got dumped into the category of - only order from them if the item is absolutely, positively not available anywhere else.

7. Guitar Center and a few others are bidding for the company, it's been reported that music123.com along with the Brass/woodwind company will stick around.

8. So what if I ordered, and PAID for something on November 19th? What happens then? :bawl:

9. Music123 was garbage anyway... I'm sorry to hear about your problem. I too went through a similar situation in which I ordered something, waited nearly a month (it was supposedly "in stock" when I ordered it) and finally called to find out that it was never in stock at all... then they tried to talk me out of canceling my order!

Hilarity ensued. Suffice to say, I got fully refunded.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've tried and tried to tell you people to stay away from those losers. They're incompetent idiots. And now they're bankrupt.

11. Looks like I'll be ringin up for a refund then. They can also pay for the cost of the call!

12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I would wait - they appear to still be in operation and are reorganizing. The bankruptcy appears to be a tactic in reaction to a large legal award.

That said, I only have had one dealing with Music123, and it was positive. I returned the item (a guitar), and I was credited promptly.

13. i've had mostly good experiences with them. i've returned so much gear to them, i'm actually surpised that they will still sell me stuff. thier CS responses are a little lacking at times, but i was able to haggle the price down about $75 on a fender deluxe P.

that said, these days i really prefer to buy stuff in person, in a normal store. the internet shopping ting is starting to wear on me.

14. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I wouldn't. I'd at least get them to tell me it shipped or exactly when it will get shipped. If you wait with M123, without any notification from them, you'll be waiting for nothing for a long time.

If you don't hear back within 24 - 72 hours that your order shipped, it ain't happening with them. At that point, rather than waiting for them to keep a promise they will unlikely keep, you should cancel the order before it gets booked on the credit card, and find a supplier who will actually get it done.

15. Well they finally sent me a reply..

'We are emailing you with regards to an item that is back ordered on the above order number. We have placed the order and are currently awaiting a shipping date from the manufacturer. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.'

I'll hold off a little while as I really want one of these rack bags, and I can't get them out here in Australia. Perhaps I should get in touch with Protec and see if they can give me a date...

16. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Yeah, Music 123 is a bit slow, and seems disorganized. They shortshipped an item on an order I placed once, and it took some effort to straighten it out, but everything was okay at the end.