1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do my eyes deceive me? New Genz Benz content :-)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alaskaleftybass, Apr 15, 2015.

1. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I was browsing through MF when I came upon this little gem, and the surprising thing is-- more expected to ship on May 5th? Does this mean that Genz Benz is back in the biz? :D

Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2-12T 600W 1x12 Bass Combo Amp | Musician's Friend

I would have posted a pic but couldn't get MF to let me copy and paste the product pic. I can't tell if it's new or not.

punchclock likes this.
  2. Interesting...

3. H82418000000000-00-500x500.
    Interesting, we haven't heard from Kaman for a while since Fender released the death grip?

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  4. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
  5. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Thanks B-string.. :thumbsup: Does that look like the same model or a new one?

B-string likes this.
  6. Not intimate enough with the product line. 30 watt tube 212 looks interesting as well. @agedhorse know anything or @Jeff Genzler?

7. 16 products. Order now! Expected shipping 05-04-15 on some products, and others ship 05-24-15 at Musicians Friend. Guitar center has two new products to pre-order.
    Now we wait. :cigar:

8. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Back from the dead? :hyper:

9. friendlybass

friendlybass

Jul 19, 2012
    Colorado
    Oooooh this may be exciting. I've had yet to have an amp company strike my fancy since SWR but this may do it.

10. Lethgar

Lethgar

Jan 22, 2012
    NW Indiana
    :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Mastermold and alaskaleftybass like this.
  11. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    "Our Supplier has informed us we will receive our next shipment of this model the week of 5/4/15. If you can't wait, call us at 800-449-9128 and we'll suggest other possible solutions. You'll see why MusiciansFriend.com is the #1 destination for musical gear on the Internet!"

From the popout window about shipping date...

Last batch from a semi-forgotten warehouse?

=wr=

alaskaleftybass and rodl2005 like this.
  12. What the fricketyfrack! just wow. I will be happily surprised if they are actually making them again. But it would make some sense as there is a somewhat fanatical fan base here. They have to know that. Perhaps they are testing the waters to see how fast these are snapped up before making a decision as to whether or not to proceed with production on a larger level. Or It could sadly just be a batch left in a warehouse as suggested above. I for one hope for the former rather than the latter. I personally would love to own a 9.2 even though I already have a 6.0 and a 12.0. They are just the best gigging tool I've ever owned. And I still own a Glock, a Sunn, Carvin, and some others. Then there's theres the legendary customer service. My first SM 12.0 arrived DOA and I called right after I opened the box and tried it. I wasn't on the phone for 5 min., spoke directly to Agedhorse, And they sent a replacement that day no questions asked with a post paid return sticker. Amazing, and to talk to the owners with out any runaround, simply unheard of. Just today I spent an hour on the phone with AT&T with one question that 4CS agents in 3 depts. couldn't answer. They'll return the call tomorrow with an answer.....yea right I'm not holding my breath. Lol I love GB as do many others. May they rise frome the dead or the ashes or whatever......it was just Easter after all. And if I remember right one of the Kaman guys said they were looking at the possibility of resurrecting the co. I'm gonna go glass half full on this one even though that's not normal for me. Haha

13. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Wow, amazing! I have been hoarding GB gear (6.2-210T combo, pair of NX2-112 cabs, Shuttle 3-10 combo) and enjoy it immensely. The only non-GB stuff I am using on occasion is an older Mesa mPulse head and
    tiny PJB micro combo for travel. I really hope GB rises from the ashes...although with key engineering and service personnel gone....who knows what the future brings....I note on MF it's only the Shuttle and Focus stuff, which are likely to be the biggest movers....

14. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    That would be awesome! I can finally order the Shuttle 1x12 extension cab if it's true...

15. carbonfold

carbonfold Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Dallas, Texas
    this is exciting news!

16. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

17. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Totally stoked if this is indeed true. I have a Shuttle 6.0 and just bought a Suttlemax 9.2. Trying to be optimistic, but judging by what happened to Tacoma, I can't help but be a little pessimistic.

HolmeBass and alaskaleftybass like this.
  18. PaperbackRyder

PaperbackRyder Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Maynard, MA
    MF lists 15 Genz products under Bass Amp...some Shuttle, Focus & Contour....no Neo-X or Uber line stuff.

19. The Regulator

The Regulator

Aug 10, 2005
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    This was just brought to my attention. I am hoping that it is the first trickle of new products in the works and not excess inventory that was just discovered.

C'mon Jeff! What's the scoop here!