do not call list up!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Jun 27, 2003.

1. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

click to register your number for the national do not call list!

2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    yeah, sweet! It sucks that if someone does call you, it takes a bit to prosecute them.
  3. Cool. No more telemarketers slaughtering my last name, or interrupting my sleeping, my eating, or any other time at home!

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    yay...finally...they cloud up the caller id WAY to much
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I heard about that today on the radio- mucho sweeto, indeed.
  6. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yahoo News, my prime American news source, titled their article about the list "1,000 registrations per second" :D
  7. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Its a great idea, i wonder however if because of you no long recieving telemarketing calls, if any particular groups have access to these numbers ie. lobbiest, parties etc. I somehow doubt that is the case, i'm just paranoid.
  8. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Yes I am doubtful as well. This thing went down too easy, just too easy and quick. There has to be some catch. We'll just have to wait and see, and until then, I'm not registering.
  9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Don't forget that non-profits are exempt. Do yourself a favor and just say "no thank you" instead of ranting and raving at the hippie on the other end of the line, costing everyone involved their dignity. You can't sue them the same way you'd sue a jackass selling vinyl siding.

I never got my email, the one I'm supposed to get to complete the reg.
  10. Me neither.
  11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I signed my mom's house up for it, and my dads.
  12. Update: I just got the e-mail. I clicked the link they provided to complete the registration and.. you guessed it.. "The Page Cannot Be Displayed". :rolleyes:
  13. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I can't even get to the site. Too much traffic I guess. I'm just gonna wait a couple weeks before I try again since you have until the end of august to get on the first do not call list.
  14. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Me, too. I was half-expecting a "GOTCHA'"! :p

I guess it's not me...but the telemarketeers have been gettin' ridiculous over, I'd say, the past 2-3 years.
    Sometimes, it's every 10 minutes the phone is ringin' with an "UNKNOWN" on the Caller-ID.
    It's like BP13 sez, they're bumping important s*** off my ID machine.
    The heathens...
  15. JimK

Dec 12, 1999

I'm in...'til 2008.
  16. I did it...signed up till 2008! Hope this thing works or I'ma be bustin some heads here! ~ Tyler
  17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  18. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    hmmmm...if the ftc wanted to make soem money they could just sell the numbesr everyone signs up telemarketers.
  19. OK, I clicked the link first thing this morning and it worked. My home phone is supposedly set until 2008.
  20. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    we've had it down here in Texas for a few years...and it works. we used to get all the junk calls, now we don't get any extra interruptions. :cool: