1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do people actually read band adverts??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fassa Albrecht, Mar 28, 2009.

1. This is half-rant, half-facepalm.

I placed a band advert in local music shops for a drummer. Which is perfectly normal.

However the replies I got seemed to fall into two categories:

People who hasn't read the advert at all: These usually rang up saying "oh I can play shred guitar" and when told that we are an indie/rock covers band they skulked off.

Completely incompetent drummers: Seriously, some of these guys were really bad. One of them got confused when I played in 3/4 time. I could have done better myself.

Is it a trait that people don't read things properly?

2. Is it a trait that you always have something to complain about?

lowsound

3. :D

4. bad luck id say.
    I placed an add a while ago in a music shop for a drummer. First guy who rung up was semi pro and willing to play with us even after we told him we were 18 and looking to put together our first cover band...

5. Man that's good.

Saying that my guitarist is pretty much like that...he's trained in sound engineering and classical guitar, whilst I can barely play the bass.

6. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    But at least you can speak in Serbian.

7. volim govoriti srpski.

8. No problem at all here. Our local shop is owned by a drummer, his two employees are both drummers and half the shop is taken up by drums, one quarter by cymbals and hardware. We have drummers coming out the ying yang.

9. Direct some drummers to Newcastle and I'll be happy.

10. Most of the people are probably afraid you will vomit on their instruments.

11. pop an ad in newcastle drum centre if it's still there, no?