1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do Sadowsky Black Label Flats work on a string-through bass?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by k31bassman, Mar 23, 2013.

1. k31bassman

k31bassman

Feb 4, 2010
    Nebraska
    Has anybody had problems with this?
    Thanks.

2. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    You seem to be missing a crucial verb.

3. k31bassman

k31bassman

Feb 4, 2010
    Nebraska
    Oops....
    Anyway, I have Chromes on a '51 P replica. Just wondered if anyone has used Sadowsky Black Label Flats on that type of bass (string through body). I have a set of Sadowsky flats I'd like to try, but don't want to ruin them. LaBella says not to to use Labella flats on string-throughs. I had read that LaBella makes strings for Sadowksy, but don't know if that's true.

4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    If the strings do not bend at an extreme angle they may work, (anything more than 45 degrees).

Sadowsky has the same disclaimer for his strings... I wouldn't recommend it at all...

5. k31bassman

k31bassman

Feb 4, 2010
    Nebraska
    Thanks, I think I'll use the Sadowskys on another bass. I'd hate to ruin them. I'll stick with Chromes on the '51 P-style bass since those have worked.

Or maybe I'll try Fenders flats, since that must have been what was used back in the 50s. I mean, it had to have been flats back then, since rounds weren't around (pun intended).;)

6. I had Sadowsky flats going trough the body for more than 3 years and did great.