1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do TBX tone controls do anything special?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TheBassmaster27, Mar 11, 2019.

1. I have a weak sounding bass that basically has no real middle ground. Either the bass sounds totally "bassy", or there is no bass at all. I was looking to get a more "middle of the road" sound without replacing the pickups or routing for actives. The bass has a passive soapbar btw.

2. descendent22

descendent22

Jul 29, 2015
    Connecticut
    It depends on what kind of bass you have. I had tried it on my deluxe active p Bass special once and I didn’t care for it. I know the duff Mckagan sig Bass has it and it does the bass justice. You said your bass tone either has too much bass or none at all. What kind of pickups you running?

3. The bass is a Dean Edge 09. The pickups are passive.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021