1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do the Analogman Choruses NEED the Deep Switch?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Jun 20, 2007.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I've found a decent deal on a Bi-Chorus, which I would like as it gives you two badass choruses to choose from in one Analogman box.

I know the deep switch is an option, but I usually boost the Bass on my guitars anyhow, so I can add some Treble/Mid/Bass and favor the neck or bridge p'up if needs be.

Would a non-deep switch option be a reason to pass it up, especially if I don't have to buy new?

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    If it's a really good deal, I would snag it and give it a shot. If you decide later that you need the deep mod, send it to Analogman. They will modify existing pedals for a fee. However, it might be cheaper in the long run to order a new one with the deep mod already on it. Whatever you choose, good luck.

3. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
    Try it and I bet you that they can retrofit a deep switch in if you decide you can afford/want one. From what I've heard the deep switch really helps it out.

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    I actually don't like my chorus with tons of bottom end, more mids and highs than anything, so I guess I will first see what the mod would cost before jumping it, just to make sure buying one new wouldn't be worth it.

I currently have a UniChorus and CEB-3: would this be that much more badass? ;)

5. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    You never know until you try. Out of curiosity, how good of a deal are you talking about? If it's near $200.00, it might be worthwhile to check out a Homebrew Electronics THC. You only get one footswitch but that chorus is AWESOME!!!!! IMO, of course.:)

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Yeah it's a little more than that but not too much.
    I like the Bi-Chorus cause you do have both options. I like having two- one for a subtle boost and overall sound, and then one crazy one that you can't help but notice. :)

7. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    i have a Analogman Chorus with Deep Switch. Honestly I don't consider the Deep Switch to add lots of Lows. Instead I think it gives a richer and thicker chorus sound. I use the Normal setting a lot too.

Get the pedal. Test it. Retrofit later if needed.

8. the bi-chorus I tried out didn't have the switch, I didn't think it lacked bottom at all.

9. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

Jul 17, 2005
    Wales, UK
    Don't hold me on this, but I'm pretty sure it says on the Analogman site that they can't fit the deep switch on bi-chorus pedals for some reason.

10. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    +1

I say go for it, but I'm not sure he can even hardwire it in deep mode for you, I don't think the deep button was ever to add bass that the effect was losing it is as stated above to make the chorus richer and thicker which is always a taste thing anyway.

I say go for it

11. 4lPh4n0m3g4

4lPh4n0m3g4

Nov 19, 2004
    ^^^
    The depth toggle is not available on the mini chorus. ;)

12. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    My mistake you are right

So worst case if you don't like it $50 and it's sorted.

13. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Inactive

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Bingo

14. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I think you would be pretty happy with the sound. I have my mini chorus w/ the deep setting & I also use a Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus. The VL has less bass, but by no means does it lose the bottom end at all. I really like the sound of it...kinda shimery. I'd be willing to bet that the AM sounds very similar without the deep mod.

Yes...it would be that much more badass!!! :0

15. BigBassBob

BigBassBob

Jul 17, 2005
    Wales, UK
    Woops, my bad! Sorry! I remember now... the only thing that lets the Bi-chorus down is that if you were to ever plug more than 12V into it, it will fry apparently whereas the other chorus pedals will take up to 18V (although, once you power it with more than 12V, it gets a large volume hump anyway so I don't see why you'd want to do that)

16. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Sweet. Well the guy still has it and needs cash fast (who doesn't? ;)) so I prolly will jump.
    Worst case scenario is I sell it. :p

17. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Nabbed it.

Reviews to come. :cool:

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021