1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

do the new Fender Jazz Usa basses have holes?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by noirextra, Mar 6, 2008.

1. noirextra

noirextra

Dec 26, 2007
    Do the new Fender j basses made in usa have holes under the scratch plate like the last batch did? Otherwise you cant chuck away the scratch plates!
    cheers

2. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Don't know, but I think you must mean "if they do", not "otherwise".

3. noirextra

noirextra

Dec 26, 2007
    :confused: obviously you have never heard of one bassist going by the name of Jaco, shame on you

4. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Jaco? Who he?

5. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147

There was a thread a day or two ago where a picture of a New American Standard was posted WITH the dog-gone hole. Don't recall if it was a P or a J, but it spoiled my WEEK. I wonder if someone can point us toward that thread, as my search has failed to find it. :confused:

Better yet, awaken me from my bad dream...:meh:

6. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
    Yeah the new ones are the same as the old. You get the hole and the router path to the neck pick up. My 2006 Fender Jazz Highway one doesn't have any hole or router path.

7. noirextra

noirextra

Dec 26, 2007
    yes i saw the P bass but that has alays been like that, i was hoping tey were going to do away with the hole on the new jazz basses, if they have i will be down the shop at the weekend to buy one! also love the varnish on the maple fretboard, great stuff

8. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck

Sep 19, 2006
    Plainfield Illinois
  9. noirextra

noirextra

Dec 26, 2007
    ahhhh noo not again, im going to have to wait another 8 years to buy one from the next batch

10. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Where is the thread where that was posted....???? Derned, search engines....

11. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
  12. I don't get it. Many companies use CNC technology but don't put holes in the guitar/bass. What am I missing?

13. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston

Nope, negative. Precisions most definitly did not always have those holes. Mine sure as hell doesn't.

14. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Is there a purpose/reason for the hole? Seems kinda random.

15. I believe its a mount for the machine to cut out the pickup routes or body from a blank or something.

16. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    My '71 P does not have the holes. Then again there were no CNC machines or related tech then, either. :D

17. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
  18. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It's relic-ing! You pay extra for that hole, it's "the mojo hole".

19. :eek: Keep it PG bongo!! There are young people around here that don't need to know what a mojo-hole is!