1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

do these jazz bass pickups look legit?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sidd_laroy, Mar 22, 2010.

1. i just bought some jazz bass pickups off of ebay to throw into a jazz bass i have, and a thought occurred to me a few minutes ago. are these pickups legit fenders?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330416042140

if anyone can tell, lemme know. as long as they're not the standard pickups that come with squire jazz basses it's cool, the ones that came in mine were terrible.

also, does anyone know how the made in mexico standard pickups compare to the duncan designed pickups that come in the squire vintage modified series jazz basses?

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    those are the cheap ceramic-magnet pickups out of mexican jazz basses. they're likely not a step up from whatever you already have.

"real" jazz pickups have alnico rod magnets, not ceramic bars glued on underneath.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020