Do these P2P things actually work?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've been trying out a few P2P prgrams out there, and I've tried to download some stuff, but nothing seems to work! The download just says "waiting", and sits there for an eternity. Does anybody have any luck with this stuff at all, or is it just some over hyped thing that doesn't really do anything?
  2. Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    Which one are you using?

All the programs that connect to the gnutella network are useless heaps of sh1t. morpheus, xolox, gnutella, + 1000 others.

Kazaa Lite is OK ....but for albums, and rare tracks, SoulseeK is the shiz
  3. word. soulseek is where its at.
  4. I use E-Mule. Works everytime
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Yup, ridin' the mule.
  6. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I use Kazaa lite. Works great for software.
  7. I tried soulseek. Too confusing to work. So I use Kazaa lite. That and patience can get about anything.;)
  8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i use Kazaa Light too
  9. i find with kazaah and morpheus there is WAY too much spyware being tacked onto the downloads ..... i now use emule plus (emule with eye candy) and have no problems with spyware and can pretty much get whatever i want :)

spyware = EVIL
  10. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    Limewire connects to gnutella and it works just fine. Actually I've never found one that works better than Limewire and I've used all except E-Mule and Soulseek (never heard of either).

Limewire is extremely difficult to get connected to, but once it's connected the downloads are lightning fast.
  11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    watch out for viruses from other KaZaa users....i never had much of a virus problem until recently when downloading from KaZaa.