Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do these power companies hire educated people?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I think anyone from the Detroit area can gripe about this.

This is really staring to get ridiculas. Power has been going out all day. I was an hour late for work this mourning because my alarm got reset. When I came home from work power went back out. Then I waited all day for the Pistons Spurs game, 10 minuts before game time power went back out and it has been ever since. Do they even understand that we want to watch the game?

So what is going on? This doesn't make any sense. Usually when power goes out there is an actual REASON (i.e thunderstom). This heatwave is not that big of a deal, if they can't handle this small one, how are they going to handle things during the middle of summer?

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    They need to augment the power grid and facilities to support the load. Of course, this means $$$. Heat means extra HVAC activity, less efficient cooling, etc. You are experiencing "brown outs". If things get bad enough they may institute scheduled revolving brown outs that are scheduled to possibly happen on certain days in certain areas. This also sucks but at least you can prepare for them.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    No battery backup?

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Let's see, the Pistons caught a beat down last night from the Spurs. One of four they will receive in the next couple weeks.

-Mike

5. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    haha...5 min. after I read this thread my power went out! Luckily it came back on very quickly.

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    If it has anything to do with Detroit, no they don't hire educated people.

Companies in general don't hire intelligent people.

7. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    True, but only because the refs don't know how to call a proper game.

The league also dosen't want the Pistons to win because they don't have Tim Duncan on their team. They also wanted Miami in the finals instead.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude....no whining. The Spurs are a good team.

-Mike

9. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA

I know man. This is why I quit sports, people are WAY to into it.

It's a freaking sport.

10. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I'm not whining, I didn't think the Pistons were going to win anyways, but a BUNCH of those calls were B.S.