Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do they carry TI flats at GC?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by nataku, Oct 22, 2005.

1. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Hola everybody!

I've decided to try out some flats on my crappy johnson p-bass, and TI's seem to be the brand for me. I have a coupon for GC from going to the labor day sale, so if i buy over $15 worth of stuff I get a free cable. I know that the price of these strings is going to be well over $15 (around $40 i'm guessing?) but I cant seem to find out if GC carries TI strings on their website. I always love an excuse to go to GC and screw around for a while, but it's a half hour drive, and I don't want to waste my time. They carry them on musiciansfriend.com, and I think GC owns them, but i'm not quite sure. Anyone know if they carry TI flats at GC?

Thanks in advance.

2. DemoEtc

DemoEtc

Aug 18, 2004
    Probably best bet to call them first. I think they just carry D'Addario, GHS, Fender, Dean Markley - the 'standard' stuff. I don't even think they carry Pyramids, but I'm not sure.

3. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    So far as I know, Guitar Center does not carry TI strings

4. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
  5. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    GC quit carrying TI's about 2 years ago. At that time at one of the GC stores here, I bought their last 4 sets (2 Powerbass and 2 Jazz Flats) on clearance for $20 per set.

6. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    TI strings? My local GC doesn't even carry Fender bass strings!

7. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Never seen a Banjo Center that carries TI's. They are worth finding tho.

8. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I just put a set of TI's on my Lakland P a few days ago. They are not good. They are not great. They are godly!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

9. jwymore

jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR