1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

do they have a guitar forum like talkbass??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cirrosis, Oct 7, 2009.

1. cirrosis

cirrosis Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    my question~~~~~~
    or a metal forum

2. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    telecaster forum here.

I did have a look for guitar forums a while back and could n't find a good one so I am interested if anyone can recommend.

3. Harmony Central, like Holy War said.

4. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    TalkWank.com/forum/I_am_the_shizz

5. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    Ive been a member there for a long time. I talk mostly about music though and not gear so much (being a bass player on a guitar forum), plus a lot of OT. The guys there are very harsh and crude, so if you want manners and whatnot, look elsewhere. That being said, I have learned a TON of stuff guitar and music related wise on that forum. Its a fun place to be once everyone there gets to know you, and I have actually met a lot of real life friends from being a member there. Its not for everybody, but I love it.

6. I still frequent the forums, I just don't participate.

7. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I stick to their effects and for sale sections strictly, really.

8. Cirrosis, you're looking for www.sevenstring.org, they are a metalhead guitar forum, but have sections for bass and drums and recording and all sorts of things. More of a younger demographic, but lots of great guys on there and everyone is really respectful.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I always think of TheGearPage as TB's guitar equivalent as far as equipment discussion goes.

10. +1. It's a great site. I used to frequent there a lot. But, not I stay here mostly.

11. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    +1 to The Gear Page. I've never been to HC, but everything I've heard about it doesn't make it sound like a place I'd want to be.

12. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    HC is not like this place, or like the Tele forum or TGP forum. HC is overloaded with malcontents who don't fit in here, and actively discourage posts from females.

13. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    A lot of what makes TB unique has to do with the personality profile of bass players in general as compared to those who choose lessor instruments so, no.

IMHO YMMV