1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do they make a BA bridge with 5 screw holes AND Grooved

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by cryptobuddhist, Feb 28, 2008.

1. cryptobuddhist

cryptobuddhist

Dec 5, 2007
    Because from as far as I can tell, its either 3 screw holes and grooved, or ungrooved with 5 screw holes.

I have a MIM jazz bass with 5 screw holes and I want to replace the bridge, can I just use the 3 screw hole one? Will it fit/be strong enough to hold?

!@~

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Why don't you just buy an unfiled 5-hole one and file it yourself?

3. cryptobuddhist

cryptobuddhist

Dec 5, 2007
    Im aprehensive about ****ing it up :\. But I guess I could do that... I am curious as to whether they do exist and if anyone has used a 3 screw hole on a 5.

!@~

4. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    How about rephrasing the question... are the slotted saddles sold seperately?? :eek:

I already have a call in to a dealer with this question, but no luck on a concrete answer yet.

5. artdrtr

artdrtr

Jan 24, 2008
    Redondo Beach, CA
  6. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
  7. Never seen the slotted saddles sold separately, I have seen the unslotted ones for sale at 14 bucks each. 14X4=56 bucks. I can show you a place where you can buy a brand complete bridge for 60 bucks, no shipping and maybe even a discount

8. el_mariachi

el_mariachi

Mar 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    maevinj and artdrtr,
    did either of you have to shim your neck pocket in order to compensate for the thicker bottom plate on the BAII? I have a MIM J deluxe and would like to get a new bridge for it that has adjustable spacing (G and D strings don't line up exactly over the older large pole-piece style pickups). Its a toss up between the BAII and the Schaller 2000 (which is about 50 bucks more).

9. cryptobuddhist

cryptobuddhist

Dec 5, 2007
    Hey man thanks alot, Im having my local music store order this up for me. In this day and age with GC and Sam Ash populating southern jersey, along with Delaware being 20m away with 0% sales tax, Im trying to support my local guys.

Appreciate all the help! Im looking foward to having a long enough sustain to play some sick vibrato :).

!@~