Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do they make somethin like this?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by warwickbass, Jan 28, 2002.

1. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    Ok check it out, im looking at investing into some effects, what i need is a programmable eq that wont change the tone of my pre amp, effects up the wazoo, mainly the usual corus, falnger, whammy, wha, overdrive, delay....and so on you get the point a few whacked out ones would be nice, of corse this all needs to be programed in any way i want or need so basically every setting has a setting or two, the whole idea of this would be to be able to save my eq settings with the effects along with it, and use the foot pedal like a stomp box style type of thing ... so if im playing a bassy eq setting with wha and delay, all i have to do for the next part of the song which requires a more treble orientated sound with a chorus and a whamy is click a button. Ive looked around at different rack mount units but find my limited knowledge of what all the specs mean and the limited info given, goin HUH?

2. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Do you realize you only used a period once (Not counting "...")?

Anyways, there are programmable EQ units out there, but good ones will cost you at least a couple hundred dollars.

3. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    I have horrible grammor, be glad you didnt see it when i put it threw spell check (english was allways a poor class for me). Im looking atmaybe spending more like a coupple thousand so a coupple hundred wont hurt.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yes, indeed! horrible grammer! go to school you foolish inbreed, before i slap you with my spelling! Well, i am off to my tea and crumpets! ta ta!:rolleyes: Its a bass fourm. not a spelling one. But anyway. Yeah, its out there, but its gong to cost ya.....

5. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    just dont say the orvile... thats a little too expensive, do the g-force, g-major, or fireworkx do the things i mentioned or do they just have effects and no eq settings?

6. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    ART made one at one time, I've seen them used for around $150. I think ADA also made one, but I've only seen one or two of them. Peavey made one called the Autograph, I've seen them for around $100 sometimes less.
    If you look at some of the multi-effect units, you'll find that most will have an EQ section built in. Some sound and work better than others, so you'll need to do some research. The t.c. Electronic G-Major seems like a good "guitarist" oriented processor, and the new update includes an eq section.

Hope that helps.

7. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    it does... does anyone around here have first hand exp. with these units? i sure as hell havent ive never een seen a place that sells them.

8. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    The dbx Digital Dynamics Processor is quite good.

9. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Fireworks would do what you ask...and will cost ya too. Also, FW is a balanced I/O system so you will need to do some recabling/impedence shifting.
    Oroville: there's the ticket! (and a high priced ticket at that...but worth it!)
    Check out the Eventide Eclipse...again around $2k.
    G-Force would also fill your needs....but that's up in the same ballpark.
    I don't believe the G-major has the processor firepower you are looking for.
    Maybe you should look into the Lexicon MPX-G2...it has all the stomp box sounds in there also, which can be place before your preamp....quite an amazing proccessor...but again pricey!
    Face it, what you want is gonna cost you. If you think you can cut cost and achieve the same fidelity you are fooling yourself.
    Save yer paper route money....
    Max

10. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    Im willing to pay around 2k give or take a few hundred, if i can afford 2 warwicks i can afford the processor to do them justice. ok heres my big question, what's the difference between the fireworx and the g-force? is the fireworx a pumped up version of the g-force or are they two completely different processors? i get the impression that fireworx is strictly weird stuff and no classics, and that the g-force is the classic stuff but not so much weird. if this is the case and neither one will do all of what i want i may get both or just get the orville, but i would like to stick to my 2k budget.

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Keep a lookout for a used Boss ME-8B. Does what you want and much more, might set you back around $100.