1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do warmoth and USACG parts fit?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by allenhumble, Aug 25, 2007.

1. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    I know I saw a thread on this awhile back but found nothing when I did a search. I want to know if a USACG body would ecept a warmoth neck? You may be asking why not go with a warmoth body? Both companies offer different options on both the bodies and the necks. In order for me to build a bass with all of the options I want I will have to use both companies or find another way to make it happen.

2. I'm sure the USACG guys could make it work if they know the dimensions of the Warmoth neck. You should give them a call. I'm very happy with the bass parts that I ordered from both companies.

3. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    are the parts for the same bass?

4. I have two parts basses. The Warmoth bass is a Warmoth neck and body and the USACG fretless is a used USACG body and a new USACG neck ordered by me. I didn't mix and match.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    4 string Warmoth and USACG parts since the neck pocket and neck heel are both to Fender Specs.

Their 5 strings are not compatible.

6. tips

tips

Jan 25, 2007
    Haifa, Israel
    if we're already on the subject, I have a 5 string JB neck by mightymight, does anyone know if it'll match a 5 deluxe body by warmoth?

7. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Thats my problem. I want a 5 string body body with a top mount pre. and a pickguard, which warmoth wont do, and a bound and blocked finger board, which USACG wont do. :(

8. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    Nope!

The Deluxe 5 Warmoth bodies are for the 22-Fret Deluxe necks. Just compare a Fender Marcus Miller 5 string and a MIA Fender Deluxe 5 string. The Marcus Miller is 20-fret while the Deluxe 5 is 22-fret with a slightly different lower horn shape.

Your MightyMite 5-string neck has 20 frets (...at least I think it does??).

9. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    If you really wanted, you could send your USACG neck to Michael Dolan. IIRC, he will install Blocks and Binding on your neck and use all USACG parts.

10. tips

tips

Jan 25, 2007
    Haifa, Israel
    yeah my mightymight neck has 20 frets but on warmoth's body specs it says that the neck pocket fits a 21 frets neck that it's length on the 21st fret is 74mm, and the length of my 20th fret is 74mm... so, anyone knows from experience?

11. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Warmoth 5 string bodies are based on the Fender US Deluxe J5 that has 22 frets with no fretboard overhand on the neck.

12. tips

tips

Jan 25, 2007
    Haifa, Israel
    **** >:
    well, I can always rout it in there, or fill the spacing... or just buy a body from MM instead :p

13. phatduckk

phatduckk

May 24, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    ya my parts bass has a usacg body and warmoth neck. i went w/ usacg for the body because i liked their trans white

14. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Any difficulties with the neck pocket?