1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do Warmoth bodies fit Squier necks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flux Jetson, Aug 18, 2012.

1. That's probably backwards from what most people want to know. My guess is that most folks want to know if Warmoth necks fit Squier bodies. Well I suppose either answer would tell me what I need to know.

I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz 70's bass, and I'd like to use a different body to test some ideas. Does anyone know if Wamoth's bodies fit Squier necks (I suppose if the opposite is true then the answer to my question is still "yes").

Thank you.

2. 2behead

2behead

Mar 8, 2011
    portland
    It should fit no prob. You can call them up if you have doubts. I had to sand mine a bit but it was super easy

3. I've called and I get the expected answer of something like "We make our (necks/bodies) to Fender specs, however we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit your parts as sometimes Fender changes small things on certain models and (bla bla bla)".

Even though I've dealt with them on eleven previous project guitars/basses they still give me their whole "maybe, maybe not" answer. I can't blame them for doing that, though. They have to protect themselves.

Anyhow, thanks for your answer, it helps!

4. BossOnBass

BossOnBass

Aug 11, 2012
    I swapped a couple warmoth necks to a squire affinity (Chinese made..... Um, handcrafted) p-bass body. They fit perfectly, even the screw holes lined up with precision. Sorry --- Couldn't resist the pun.....

Should work fine. Good luck.

5. Far out .... that helps me feel better about buying a bare body to do some ~stuff~ to.

Thanks! That helped!!!! :)

6. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I think they adhere to more precise Fender specs than Fender does.

So yeah, it *should* fit and if it doesn't, blame Squier.