Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do we groove well on this song?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by phxlbrmpf, Mar 12, 2004.

1. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    This is a rough mix of a song from our upcoming album, without vocal tracks. It's a simple ballad-ish song, but I'm kind of proud of our groove on this song. What d'you think? Does it sound as relaxed as we think it does? Go get it while it's hot, and while my free bandwith lasts. :D

http://mitglied.lycos.de/phxl/misc/esistok128.mp3

2. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    Ummm, is it me or can anyone else access this? Is there an 'English' button?

3. Cant access it.

4. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Aw, crap. It worked for me when I tested it. Looks like Lycos kicked their hotlinking protection up a notch. Have you tried right-clicking the file and choosing "Save As"? I just tried it and it works for me.

5. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    That worked! Sounds good. Were all the parts recorded at the same time? It sounds like some of the verses are playing a different timing then the drums. Intentional? I like the sounds of the song! Good work.

6. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Well, we recorded the basics live, but the guitar and bass tracks were re-recorded later. The drums were recorded in our rehearsal room and our guitarist did the mixing at his place, in Cubase. I also re-recorded the bass track at his place. Are you talking about the "triplet-ish" feel of the guitar line? That's intentional. We tried the song with a shuffle-ish drumline once, but it didn't really sound right.

7. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    Maybe that's what I was hearing. It was repeated so that's why I thought it might be intentional. After listening to the entire song I liked what it added to the song. Wasn't sure at first though ;)

I'd like to hear it with the vocals when they're done...

8. Cool Song! Bass sounds great! (Do you still have it strung BEAD??)

Greetz Stefan! :bassist: (Also a proud ATK-owner! :smug: )