Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you also have.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by starclown, Oct 8, 2002.

1. ..that annoying habbit of everytime you hear good music, you foot (or other bodypart) starts tapping on the rythm??

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Yep.

3. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Yep.. I got that... but even worse is...

a) It dosnt have to be good music, it can be total crap

b) i dont neccessarily tap in time because i get carried away and start 'freestylin'

c) sometimes i do it to the music in my head

4. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Even worse I start Air Drumming to half of them :p Or playing Air Bass depending if I kow the song well :D

5. hehe same here, I'll be listening to some crap-arse song when I start tapping away to the beat then think "Hey this song is crap!"

6. uhuh.. specially if i'm in traffic jam and start using my sweeringwheel, and half the dashboard as percussion set :p

7. Yeah, I do that to, especially the third one. Makes people look at you with a funny look.

I know a drummer who does that in his car. With his brake as the kick drum, gets really annoying when you're behind him on a traffic light.

8. if it has a beat, i tap to it. strum on the steering wheel to it, bob my head to it, whatever. :p :) :D

9. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    I will be driving and a drum solo of some sort will come on and I find my self throwing my hand in the air drumming to that song...Can you imagine what people are saying when they are behind me?

10. I tap my foot and bob my head a lot. Sometimes I bob my head even when I'm thinking about music. It helps me groove with the beat in my imagination. It also makes me look a little nutty. :p

11. My right fingers are usually constantly going if I'm not typing. I don't even notice anymore....but everyone else does.

Hey, at least I'm on time.

12. Nope, I'm immune to tickling, infectious beats, scratching... I love being numb :)

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    yes... even if there's no music :eek:

14. Same here. But more of the drumming thing, cause I'm being taught currently.

Ba-doom-boom Chshhh!!

Rock on
    Eric

15. I forgot to add that if I'm listening to some hard funk, I'll make the funk face while I move my head back and forth. And if I'm listening to a solo and I really feel what I'm hearing, I sometimes involuntarily start making the "soloing jazzer who's really into it" face. Of course, I try to limit myself to this behavior only to when I'm by myself. ;)

16. Awww...now where's the fun in that? I've become well known amongst my friends both here at USC and back home in Hong Kong as "the weirdo who really gets into his music...especially the stuff in his head" :D
    It's amusing to a lot of my friends, though, and it often brightens up their days. :p

17. I should have emphasized that I "try" to limit this behavior to when I'm by myself. Often, what a person tries to do and what a person ends up doing are two different things. ;)

18. same here, but i also have a tendency to use the gas pedal as a bass drum. it's dangerous.

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yep. That's me. Get into it with my hands, legs, bobbing the head...I've been going off in class with my headphones on, and suddenly, I'll get an odd feeling of being watched, look up, and see the entire class looking at me.

20. What I like doing a lot is wearing one of my shirts that makes people look at me, which would be either my Got Rice? shirt or my Chicks Dig Bass Players shirt, listen to some good music on my discman, and bob my head/walk or shuffle to the beat/play air bass/all of the above as I walk to my classes.
    Hey - it's fun, and no one's bothered by my doing it...until Come On, Come Over starts, and I start taking my shirt off. Very provocatively. :p

(And yes, I have a friend that said Jaco's Come On, Come Over is good music for stripping. I believe him. :D)