Do You Also Play Guitar??~??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Impulsee, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Yes, i do/can play guitar also

72 vote(s)
  2. No, i do not/can not also play guitar

18 vote(s)
  1. Everyone on plays bass. DUHHHH but do you/can you play guitar too??~??
  2. eh...i can kinda mess around and play a little. but i can't really do anything substantial; i don't know chords or anything.
  3. I'm so good at guitar I quit cuz it was too easy. Now I play bass.
  4. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    no. but i'd like to learn.
  5. Yep. I basically just use it to write songs and I'm way better at bass, but it's fun to switch around at band practices every so often too. I need to fix my Squier though; it's dismantled into a bunch of pieces because one of the pots is bad and my other guitars are even crappier...:rolleyes:
  6. LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    25 years on guitar. 8 months on bass. Wish it was the other way around though....
  7. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Do I play guitar well enough to play a gig - NO! But I play well enough for a jam with mates or around a campfire. Same goes for keys and drums. I play just enough of everything to record my own demo's. I found that if you know one instrument, learning a second one comes fairly easily.
  8. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I can play rhythm guitar--no lead...but it's primarily to write songs on. I find it's easier for me to explain a new song if I just play it for the band on the guitar and let them figure out the details. Besides the Bass is WAY MORE FUN. Rhythm guitar is boring:D
  9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I do play guitar. Up until just recently, I actually had more guitars than basses, and I plan to buy another guitar soon.
    ::Homer Simpson drool on::
    ::Homer Simpson drool off::
    My dad collects early G&L guitars, so I'm obviously trying to convince him to pick up some basses, too, but if you add our guitars and basses together, we've got about 30 more guitars.
  10. i cant really play guitar very well but hand me somethin to play i figure it out
  11. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    .... i have a 1 black bass. and 1 white guitar..

.....lots of variety there.. :D

I can play bass, decently, I can play guitar better though. But I try to learn both. =X
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  13. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I play guitar, but mostly for messing around when I don't wanna get my big old 34" bass ;) I am way better at bass, abd have only been playing my guitar for a few months. I use it for songwriting and composing. I'm not nearly good enough to gig on it, but I do have fun with it.
  14. nikofthehill

Jul 30, 2001
    san jose, CA
    i play guitar mostly for fun.
    it cannot and never will replace the role of bass in my life.
    but its fun for coffeehouses and open mics and when friends are over.
  15. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I can play guitar, though I'm not good enough to ever call mysef a "guitarist".

Funny thing is it's easier to impress people with guitar. Just through on some mad distortion and play some pentatonic stuff and people think your the next Hendrix/Clapton/Van Halen/Atkins/Beck ect.

16. ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    IMO, i think that learning at least the basics on guitar are essenial for every bass player.

when you see a guitarrist play something then you can go, gee i should play this, and itll 'fit'...basically speaking.

althought most of the TBers can do that by ear or by vibration throught the ground or whatever they can do it they dont need to hear me ramble on.

hope that helps :D
  17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

I think that learning the basics of as many instruments as you can is essential to every Musician.

granted some isntruments have a bit more weight(piano, percussion/drums) to me, it is equally important to know how to blow a harmonica as it is to know how to zith a zither ;) *

* shows what I know ;)
  18. ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    yeah but most players like me dont have access to everything, i wanna learn the harmonica, slide guitars, lapsteel guitars, upright bass, a few other stringed instrument and pianos....the list goes on man.

just a dream ill have till i get heaps of money for record sales and i can start buying and learning them :D

Luke :bassist:
  19. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I voted No cause I can only play like, 4 chords and can pick decent. One of these days I'll get around to learnign classical guitar...onyl conflict would be that i keep my nails really short for bass and ya need htem long for classical guitar, lol...
  20. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    A guitarist friend of mine uses a set of fake fingernails for his classical and flamenco stuff....they work great for him.