1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

do you blast the music in the car...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MJ_Sotti, Sep 9, 2019.

1. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    not everyone. that's a great way to get killed by a prius. did you not watch 'a simple favor'?

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yep.

When I'm with my girls (they are 7 and 10 years old) we're blasting KidzBop versions of new music. They are both beautiful goofballs. We'll pull up to a stoplight and they'll lean out the window and sing to boring old ladies or 300 pound truck drivers alike. They may as well be on stage at a stadium. It's hilarious.

As for myself, I like blasting ridiculous music, especially at stoplights. It's a blast to look over at the expressions on people's faces when they see me (long hair and all) blasting out Air Supply and singing along... or some ridiculous bubblegum pop song from the 60s or 70s. I'll even hold up rock fingers and smile at them while belting out "Muskrat Love" or "Afternoon Delight". It's great.

So, I look like this....
    tenor-1.

....but my music sounds like this.
    tenor-2.

It's great. :roflmao:

3. yodedude2

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    a club for introverts! wow! erhm...exactly where was this again? asking for an imaginary friend...

4. MJ_Sotti

MJ_Sotti formerly "Mike in Chicago" Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    People are so meek nowadays...

5. yodedude2

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    oh ye of little understanding

MattZilla likes this.
  6. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it Supporting Member

I know, right??

7. MJ_Sotti

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago

Same when mine were little...they loved "Ocean Man" by Ween, it was in the Spongebob movie...we'd all be wiggling like fish

two fingers and Funky Ghost like this.
  8. mmon77

mmon77 Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Southern MN
    That used to be true, but now most Bluetooth is CD quality. Some is even 24-bit/48kHz. If you're listening to MP3's, it doesn't make a difference anyway. They already sound like :poop:.

MonetBass likes this.
  9. Yes, but only if it's War Pigs by Black Sabbath. I just can't help myself.

10. mdlewis

mdlewis

Jan 1, 2005
    Boston Metro
    For DJs already happening -

Groove Doctor and MattZilla like this.
  11. Sue Egypt

Sue Egypt

Apr 19, 2019
    Cleveland, OH

I've hated every set I've tried but I'm open to suggestions if you know of a good set. Provided they won't fall out out when I'm jogging.

12. mmon77

mmon77 Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Southern MN
    I don't use earbuds for the same reason. My ears must be shaped funny because none of them stay in. I use over the ear headphones.

I was just saying that Bluetooth does not inherently mean that the sound quality is worse than wired.

13. MJ_Sotti

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    Just for my own curiosity would you know where that is?

14. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Mid 50s and bumping my tunes like I just don't care. :bassist:

I like the looks when it's something that doesn't jive with my looks :roflmao:

Soooo, does anyone play bass lines on their shifter? heh

The leather on both of mine are pretty worn. I usually don't notice, but my wife will chime in once in a while " You're doing it again babe."

MattZilla likes this.
  15. RoaDan

RoaDan

Jan 24, 2019
    California
    FREEBIRD???? I would consider that child abuse!:roflmao:

16. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I never, ever listen to music in the car.

Driving is such a gut-wrenching life crushing experience I wouldn't want to bring music into it. I need music after I turn the car off.

17. LeroyRT

LeroyRT

Aug 7, 2014
    GA
    Depends on the vehicle and weather. One of mine doesn't even have a radio. Another has a big kicker sub and a 1000W amp, one is factory. Good weather with the sub cranked and beating in my chest is a great feeling.

Groove Doctor likes this.
  18. All the time... usually when I'm flying solo.

19. waveman

waveman

Sep 25, 2008
    Yes.

20. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88

Sep 16, 2013
    Whitby
    I've owned too many suspect vehicles where listening for mechanical failures was far more important than another round of album X on the tape deck.