1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

do you blast the music in the car...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MJ_Sotti, Sep 9, 2019.

1. I had the volume cranked up full once & windows down. Pulled up at a set of lights next to these young blokes just as the worlds funkiest bass solo started.

Station wagon + Funky Bass = Dumbfounded looks.

Priceless. :bassist:

5StringBlues likes this.
  2. lat

lat

Dec 30, 2014
    Canada
    Sometimes I'll forget to turn it down when I park and we'll get a rude surprise the next day when we start it... "Ooops! Sorry honey!"

3. I only do the windows-down things in Spring & Fall, because otherwise it's too hot or too cold.
    Yesterday was the first day I was able to do the windows-down jam for a long time, & the band of choice was Testament.

4. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    I had a soft-top Jeep, half doors, 4" lift. Summertime, top came off, bikini went on, floor plugs stayed out. I had front, rear, a speaker bar, and a pair of 12s, power amp under driver's seat. Was usually cranking something heavy.
    Yeah, I was one of those guys.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  5. Tears for Fears - Shout came on the other day when I had the top open & the windows down. It was already loud, but I cranked it louder.
    Hadn't heard that song in a long, long time!

This time of year is just perfect for it, but it won't last long. Soon it will be too cool for that.

You didn't grow to the point where you're above putting others down, cranky pants indeed!

6. crankypants

crankypants

Aug 12, 2019
    Where did I put others down?
    I'm 46. I don't blast music out my car anymore. I used to. But not anymore.

7. It was obviously implied that the rest of us haven't grown up.

[​IMG]

crankypants likes this.
  8. crankypants

crankypants

Aug 12, 2019
    Lol, yes. I'm with you there.
    No put down meant.
    Also, the speakers in my 19 year old 530 prolly need a re-foam or a recone, so I don't wanna push them that hard anyway.
    --old guy with an old car

Killed_by_Death likes this.