Do you "Blog"???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Apr 20, 2004.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i know its sorta dying down these days, but do you have a "blog"?

to be honest, most of the blogs i've read, and even from my own friends', all appear to be rather self important, and not really as diary like as i'd hoped. then again, i doubt you're gonna say half the things you'd wanna say with everyone watching.

what do you get outta it?
  2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Anyone i know uses them as a place to b***h about people who might read it in an indirect way....
  3. Feel free to call me stupid, but whats a blog ??
  4. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Weblogs...weBLOG, I dunno where that came from, they're pretty much what miccheck said. Some are interesting (ie, Maddox), but most aren't worth your while...

No, I don't blog...
  5. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I use a blog to keep track of what I've been listening to. I was always getting stuck when people asked what my musical tastes were... now I can direct them to a website :D

ps. Yep... it's kind of geeky but it does give me a useful reference both to see what I've been running past my ears and also to suggest ideas for future listening.
  6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I guess you could say I do something like that. I post a short rant on what is going on (mostly music related) on my website. For some reason my *fans* seem to like it, so I do it. Just one more reason to have them keep coming back.
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    No, of course not. I don't even like to sound of the word.
  9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i have a xanga and a live journal.

the xanga to actually write in.

the live journal because someone asked me to.
  10. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I do a blog. Pretty much just a reminder of my days. I get mad at the livejournals where people talk trash about one another.

11. Perhaps it is short for Butt LOG *shudders*
  12. I am a Xanga user at the request of our very own DarkMazda since...ummm...a year ago? Two years?
    Anyway, I just use it as a way to communicate my thoughts when I'm bored or procrastinating.
    Sometimes I'll get home and remember a few things that happened over the course of the day and I'll think to myself, "Wow, I should really post that on Xanga."
    I hope I never get to the point where I start thinking during the day, "Wow, I should really blog this when I get home." Or like this. Both would be equally as bad. :p
  13. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Started a livejournal like 3 or 4 days ago at the behest of friends (although I'm not sure if they wanted me to find a larger audience or leave them alone).

It's kinda fun.
  14. grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    I do read a few focused, topical weblogs. I don't really read any personal blogs.

I have a personal hobby site, but it's mostly for programming experiments, etc.