1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you buy strings in bulk?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Chrisk-K, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    AZ, USA
    I do to save shipping cost and to have peace of mind.

I got from Juststrings.com 3 sets of Hi-beams, 4 sets of Lo-Riders, 4 sets of GHS Progressive and 2 sets of DA EXL190.

With a little help from denatured alcohol, I hope I don't need to buy strings until 2012.

2. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Eugene
    Since the economic downturn, not any more...

3. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    I ordered a 5-pack from Sadowsky and they packed 6. Hooray!

I generally buy more stings than I need, but it's better than not having them when you need them.

4. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    I buy sadowsky sets of 5 usually... 4 and 5 string packs... so yeah

5. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    For my guitars, mandola, octave mandolin, yes.
    For my basses, no...(flats last too long to buy in bulk)

6. I used to buy in bulk when I gigged twice a week. I just noodle around for the time being until I can find another band I fit in with. Nowadays I'd only buy in bulk if I have the scratch, find a great deal, or if a particular favorite string is being discontinued. I did the latter on my beloved and extinct Prisms.

7. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Ten packs at a time from Jack's Music Store. I haven't bought strings in years!

8. Yep - from both JustStrings.com and Sadowsky, with great experiences from both.

9. I like to buy about a years worth of strings at a time. It's just easier for me.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021