Do you cuddle with your cats

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Both my cats will sleep with me and spoon with me if I call them onto the bed. They'll put their head on the pillow too, right next to me, let me throw my arm around them, put their paws over my wrist, sometimes even reposition themselves so their heads rest on my arm. I dont' remember my cats doing this when I was growing up.

I love it.

Do your cat's cuddle with you?
  2. of course!!! I will end up one of those crazy cat ladies with tons of cats one day!
  3. Koushaku

Koushaku The artist never sleeps, only dreams

Mar 10, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I keep a bass under one arm, a cat under the other...
  4. My cat sleeps on my pillow, crowned on top of my head. I get paws in my face... always afraid one day he'll get spooked and claw my eye or something...

But yeah, it's cool.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

6. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

My buddy has a huge rottweiler/doberman cross dog and a cat. They sleep together and cuddle exactly like what you said except the dog in your place. The dog will put his arm over the cat. It's the cutest thing.

brad cook
  7. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    My cat was on my bare chest one time while I was sleeping, and a chunk of ice (it wa winter) fell from the window above and hit the outside of my bedroom airconditioner with a really loud thump.

That may be the scariest most painful thing I've ever experienced.
  8. My cat (see picture above) has always been a cuddler. Usually, she settles down and rests her front paws or her head on my arm. A few months ago, she started this new thing where she lays down on my chest, with her face right up to mine, and just sits there purring like a jet engine.
  9. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Since I'm a pretty restless sleeper, the cats tend to cuddle up to my wife rather risk getting rolled over on by sleeping next to me. :)

They have no problem chillin with me while watching TV though.
  10. ]

Oh MAN! I canonly imagine...I'm on borrowed time I'm sure... :D
  11. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    That's me and my cats exactly!

The cats we have now sleep at the foot of the bed most of the time though.
  12. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
  13. My cat pushes his way onto my pillow, and eventually manages to steal the whole thing. What a little punk! :spit:

Also, I make sure never to fall asleep with the back of my head facing my cat if he's on the pillow with me...for some reason he likes to bite the back of my head if I do that. I don't know if he wants to make sure I'm alive or what, but sooner or later, he always attacks. It'd be really funny if it didn't hurt so much.
  14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My dog sleeps with me everyonce in a while, but only when she is scared :p

She stays at the end of the bed, though.
  15. i do with my cat, but i probably should stop being that she has been dead for a year and a half now...

i kid...
    i used to when she was still alive, but not anymore since she died
  16. JazzBassvb

Aug 5, 2003
    Yep, sure do.

Our little girl cat will find her spot to lay down in the inside of my legs. I make her a little bed between my ankles/calfs and she will recline against my leg. She'll just stir a bit when I turn over, but she stays there. She will also come and lay between my wife and I on our pillows and put her paws on my wife's arm and hand. When she thinks it's come to get up, she will make biscuits and if my wife does not respond, she will start digging her claws in little by little.

Our boy cat will sleep on the bed, but if you move to much, he gets a little freaked (or annoyed, can't tell) and will go off and come back later.

It's cute when both of them are sleeping together. Our boy has of late, become a little more forgiving when she tries to lay on him. They'll sleep with their tales touching and facing each other.

I'll tell ya one thing, at least for me, it's very soothing to fall asleep to the purr of a cat. They also keep your feet warm. :D

17. One cat usually sleeps next to me, and until recently the other one would be at the foot of the bed. We got a kitten and she will weasel in between my girlfriend and I.
    Our old cat used to be my 'cat hat' in the middle of the night in winter. She kept my head warm and my head kept her belly warm- a mutually beneficial relationship! :smug: I miss her.

I woke up one night with my nose itching. I opened my eyes and realized I had a cat standing across my head with her belly in my face. I reached up with my right hand and was going to prod her to get off me, and it spooked her. I still have a scar on my nose from that event. My chest and abdomen are also mostly scar tissue from cats sleeping on me and waking up, or being startled, or just not wanting to be held any longer.
  18. Ha! That almost has cinematic qualities...

"Man, how'd you get those manly scars on yer chest? Were you caned in Singapore for tagging?"

zoom closeup of face

"No...My wittle kitty did this to me..."
  19. This thread got 18 posts before the inevitable! :smug:
  20. WHY ELSE do you think I went there? ;)

edit: in the interest of not derailing the thread, I changed it, and now it's kinda funnier, in a totally emasculating way...