Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you decorate your case?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JDT, Nov 13, 2005.

1. I was just wondering who here decorates their bass case(s) (stickers and whatnot) and how. And I'm not talking about artistic dents/scratches :D

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    yup, after a while of debating, i started stickering up my case... though switchin' to a gig bag kinda made it a moot point.

3. Stickers are fine since they can be removed. However, black permanent marker is something that I used on an old tweed case. I marked up the case back during my stupid 16 year old age. I've tried several remover products, but some of the black still remains.

Paul Mac

4. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    id like to, but band stickers are expensive. $5+ for a sticker = no thanks.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I wrapped my case in paisley wallpaper and I have pictures of Smurfs and daisies all over it.

6. Minimaul

Minimaul

Jun 22, 2003
    I got band stickers (my band) a big one, and a little one. Then a "Anti Hero" sticker on my case.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No.

8. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I painted mine with the band name across it. Also used stickers etc of other bands.. One that says 'Urgent; Perishable Fresh Bread' and some other random ones.

9. Kronde

Kronde

Feb 1, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Nope, don't decorate the cases, but I do have a small brief-case sized box that has stickers of bands that I have shared bills with...kinda trying to give some publicity to friends etc...

10. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    No.

11. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I've got quite a few stickers. I'm at school so I don't remember what all of them are, but off of memory, I have 2 Metallica ones, an Apple one, "Save The Humans," "Music Lover," Go Army, GHS Boomers, and I can't remember the rest.

12. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

No, my cases, gigbags etc. are not billboards but having said that I did once in the late 60's let a really cute girl put a ripe sticker from an avocado on my pickguard, she was wearing it on her person prior to that.

;)

George