Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you dream about gear?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 43% burnt, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Yes, I am sick, gear-obsessed manic like yourself.

37.5%
  2. No, fortunately it has not invaded my subconcious.

37.5%
  3. I don't sleep because I'm too busy rocking.

25.0%
  1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Lately I've been having reocurring dreams about gear I'm GASsing over. Does anyone else suffer from this terrible symptom of GAS. The dreams themselves are rad, but when i wake up to find no Aguilar/Epifani stack in my living room I get severely bumed. Should i start seeing a therapist about this? Please tell me I'm not alone...

2. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    je, dreamed about my dream bass (geddy lee bass) for a couple a days ago, i was giggin or something, my memory is kinda blurry. but i played some chops with it :cool:

3. I rock out in my dreams , so theres no room for GAS, well,, .................................... :bassist:

4. I voted no, too busy rocking to sleep cos I cant sleep. I have the problem of not being able to turn off the light cos my stingray and jazz are the first and last things I see every day. Oh and my amp and pedalboard.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Sadly enough, yes, I've done so in the past.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yes and no. I've never dreamt about gear, but I've had dreams where I'm playing with gear I don't own (and usually have zero GAS for. Just different gear); gear has never been the focus of a dream, it's always been ancillary.

7. A few month ago I had my first dreams about bass and I've been playing/gigging for 8 years.

But it really wasn't about 'bass'. I was playing air bass in front of a crowd. Pretty cool dream. oh, and then I had one where I was burning my bass on purpose. I was just feeding it to a fire, and I love my bass! I told my drummer about that dream and he said I should probably quit the band and spend my time at school and then get a 9 to 5 job. I'm still in the band.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm a machine, I don't dream.

9. I've been known to dream about a nice rack.

Randy

10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I had a dream that I owned a whole pile of gear, basses, guitars, amps, drums, keys, so much to choose from. It was weird, in my dream it was all in a room in my house which is not really a room in my house.

11. this hasn't happened to me...not that i can think of, anyway.