1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do you enjoy watching the demise of "Evil" or " Bad" People ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Aug 28, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Do you enjoy watching the demise of "Evil" or " Bad" People ? I find it a great relief to watch Evil people who never thought they could be held to account for their deeds brought to justice.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I find the idea getting pleasure from a downfall, even if deserved, sinful. I may get a kick, but I think it is a dirty feeling.

3. Lost Drummer

Lost Drummer

Aug 27, 2007
    Nashville TN
    agreed.

I try not to relish the feeling but I do anyway.

4. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    Florida little girl prolonged torturer/rapist/murderer comes to mind, but the massive sadness of the actual deed dwarfs my feelings of glee for his supposed departure from this Earth...

5. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    Ya, I guess I do...I have been following the Phil Spector trial, and although he hasn't "gone down" yet I think he will, and I will be really disappointed if he gets off....

Last night I watched a doc. about the girl who inspired the song "I Don't Like Mondays" Boomtown Rats, in which she is denied parole, and it made me feel quite good.

I think some of these people feel good when they do bad things, so I don't think we should feel too guilty about being happy or relieved when they get justice.

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

How many times is one going to ask whomever: "where's a cop when you need one?"

Yeah it's good to see the badguys get convicted, whacked or whatever.

But sometimes its the ones you thought may have been alright folks that commit an act so unlikely that really make you wonder what the hell's goin' on.

7. Yes I do.

8. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    It's making me happy watching the evil Yankees struggle to make play-offs. For that, I feel no guilt.

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I agree and I like being very dirty!!!!

10. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    Very much so!

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    It feels like a weight lifted from my shoulders because someone got what they deserved and won't screw anyone else over.

Never enjoy it, though.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Finding joy in the pain of others is awesome, honestly, don't pretend like it isn't.

Seriously, if a serial rapist/murderer gets run over by a steam roller and you don't think that's awesome... there is something wrong with you.

13. Karma, whether you believe it or not, brings a certain amount of satisfaction.

I'm thinking about going into the Boarding Party as my side-trade in the Navy. As it stands, my job will already be to blow up the bad guys.

But yes MM, I love it when someone gets what they had coming to them.

14. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yep. I also enjoy it when I see good guys get knocked down too. I like seeing people fall. Monkeys make me laugh too.

15. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Anybody getting rolled over by a steamroller is pretty awesome, but that doesn't mean I feel good about it.

Besides, murdering a murderer still means you are a murderer.

16. If you are a murderer anyway, then you may as well be a good murderer and murder the bad murderers.

:bag:

See when you read out murderer so many times it starts to sound weird.

What are you if you murder a murderer who has already murdered a murderer?

Please ignore me. No, please do.

Seriously though, there are always killers, so why not let them do what they do best and get rid of the scum.

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Uh, it was a steamroller ACCIDENT, so... it's just fate.

Plus, it's steamroller starting at the feet. It's a total toothpaste tube effect, guts coming out of the mouth and so forth.

It's OK, because he raped puppies.

All that aside, for as over populated as the world is, it's hard for me to feel any remorse for when a murderer is killed. I'm also a believer in "an eye for an eye" which is strange because I don't support the death penalty. Politics aside, I see the death penalty as an easy way out, really, choose between life in prison or a month or two in prison, and a quick painless death.

18. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    not really.
    however, i get really upset when there is an absence of justice.

19. Yep, can stand the i can do what ever i want cause i'll get judged when i die crap. Do something bad to me or my family and be dealt with right away! express justice.

Sick of excuses and justifications for being total scum.

20. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    IMO, I see alot of self-righteousness here. How many of you could really stand up to a close judgement of your life and beliefs? How many of us support ideas and policies and that may seem good to us, but are seen as really unjust and evil by others? Whenever you talk about good and evil, and who deserves to "get it," I think one needs to be humble enough to realize that the shoe could easily be on the other foot.:meh: