1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you ever have comic relief acquaintances/friends?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Sometimes I meet ppl that make life so comical it almost makes me have balance. Like some ppl I hate talking to at work, but they keep on going. And then there's the rambling old guy who chases everyone for conversation.

And it makes me realize I almost live that person for helping me to hate other ppl so much more...

Anyone feel that?

Update/Revision:
    At work, I don't make a lot of time for other people. I'm prettymuch a misanthropy. Often times there are employees that get whiff of this, and try to bother me. Other times, they keep to themselves.

Of course then there's this one talkative (yet somewhat out of touch) old employee (60+, does the work "to keep active" and have fun, etc.) . I'm not sure if it's on purpose or it's for his own amusement, but he'll usually be found downing about ten cups of coffee and then rattling about places he's went [he's a driver for the company, never any shortage] and rhyming about them, discussing current events to each person individually, all the while asking questions relevant to the topic in his mind and answering them for the person (even if it means talking about it to the point where he's exhausted his entire supply of oxygen, because he actually gasps when he "finishes" a sentence).

One day I actually heard him discussing that hobos were killed back in the fifties with overloads of cholesterol derived from people giving bologna and mayonnaise sandwiches instead of just kicking them away (and if you refer to this, he'll repeat it as many times as possible so everybody knows).

The guy is something of a walking human encyclopedia that people seem to avoid, yet if you look at his personality closely, it almost patronizes the personalities of the employees that I truly can't tolerate, providing comic relief to my day.

That's the most I can come up with at the moment.

2. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Not sure I follow. :eyebrow:

3. It's like ppl that are annoying want to bother you to rattle your cage, but no one is a better patronization of them then the old guy so desperate to chatter that he rambles full tilt to non English speaking temps for a half hour at a time

4. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    This won't end well....

5. Don't be such a negative nancy, we've not even begun yet.

6. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Sorry Mr Sunshine :)

Carry on. And good luck...

7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I thought this thread was going to be about friends who always make you laugh, cheer you up, or are funny all the time.

8. They do, just in a different way

9. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I like carrots.

10. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    That's what I thought, too, but the way the OP worded it...I got nothin'.

11. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    I once relieved myself on my friend's comics

12. Yes I know. It's a crazy concept. Lol

13. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    plunge_zps5ced8328.

14. Ziltoid