Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you fall asleep watching TV?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jun 21, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I only fall asleep watching TV laying down but it isint to often, how about you?.

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Sometimes... but now that i will have a tv in my room all the time... prob more offten... just set timer... maybe if i am in mood watch settilite radio channels... black screen and just music with out commercials:) but yeah... its cool having tv in your room:)

3. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    i can fall asleep in front of anything, TV included.

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    What about me? i bet cha you cant!

[​IMG]

You can try... but i bet cha you cant do it... it be way too weird...

5. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Well this gives an oppertunity to show off my photoshopping (fake) skills:

My current background
    [​IMG]

I was just messing around and I thought this looked neat, in a weird/creepy/animated sort of way.

7. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Everynight, go to sleep with two tv's and 5 monitors on.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sometimes I will fall asleep in my recliner if I watch TV a little longer than I planned.

-Mike

9. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I have.

But I tend to actually watch even the most boring crap until the wee hours of the morning if the TV is on.

10. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    yeah, I do that a lot. Not on a work day but pretty often on a weekend I fall asleep watching TV or a DVD, and always wake up at about 6 am frantically turning everything off then go back to sleep!

Its usually when I'm lying down too, I fight it off for as long as I can (just to be stubborn I think!) then suddenly I wake up 4 hours later :D

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Sweet... now i am a evil santa... trust your kids with me:D

:ninja:

12. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Is the question "does TV put me to sleep"?

Or is it "do I usually have the TV on when I fall asleep"?

:D

13. I've been known to nod off with the toob on once in a while. Usually leads to stiff necks (my couch is deceivingly UN-comfy to sleep on)

14. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    back home, I have a tv in my room. My room is associated with sleep, - easy to combine the two laziest things I can do, sleeping and watching TV. When I fall asleep with the TV on, I have weird dreams with the TV audio as the soundtrack for my dream. Very strange

15. What is Santa rearranged???? Satan!!!!!!!!

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

A radioactive Santa.

TV puts me to sleep often.

17. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Never.
    The only TV I own is a 3.5" B&W for emergencies that I have stored in the garage.

18. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I'll fall asleep with the TV on, but only after Conan! I usually just have to roll over and look away from the TV to fall asleep if I'm laying down.

19. adisu

adisu I admit it, I'm a "user"

Apr 8, 2005
    Israel
    I hope your neighbours don't hate you!!!!

That gives me a bad memories of my ex-neighbour.
    It happened a few months ago when my neighbour who lives on the other side of the wall watched a DVD (loud as always) ,i think it was "lord of the rings",anyway in some part he probably fall asleep and when the movie ended it automatically went back to the movie's menu.
    Now all of those DVD have a musical part played over and over in an endless loop while the DVD is on the menu screen.

No need to say that when that loop started i woke up and it took me a 30 minutes of struggling to go back to sleep (about 20 to 30 times of listening to this loop).
    I have no idea how he didn't wake up.
    I was too tired to go out and knock on his door so i prefered staying in back and struggle my way back to my sweet dreams.

BTW i didn't kill him , "ex-neighbour" because he moved somewhere else. :D :D :D

just felt like telling the story after you said you fall asleep watching DVD. :)

20. Not if I'm trying to sleep!!! It keeps me up.

But if I lay down on the couch and watch reruns of either X-files or Star Trek TNG, I'm in a full on, drool runing down my chin, dead to the world coma.

I can't figure it out because, I love those shows and can watch them over and over, and It doesn't work If I'm trying to fall asleep. Go figure.