1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do you find people significantly older or younger than yourself attractive?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by soulgeezer, Aug 13, 2007.

1. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Banned

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    This has been one of the big surprises of getting older for me -- I find that as I have aged, my sexual attraction to people of the opposite sex has aged as well. What I mean by this is: In my teens, I was attracted to other teens and maybe some women in their early twenties; in my twenties, it was women my age or slightly older; in my thirties, late-twenties to early forties were attractive; and, now in my forties, I find women in their late thrties to early fifties to be appealing.

So, it seems that I've kept something of a constant buffer of + or - 7 years or so as regards to being sexually attracted to another person.

The way things are going, I can understand completely how people are able to maintain sexual interest in their partners after many years of marriage. Ten years later, I find my wife even more attractive than I did at the beginning of our relationship.

What about you? If you're older (40+), has your experience been similar to mine? If you're younger, can you imagine the day when you'll find a 45-year-old more attractive than a twenty year old? (And, believe me, that day *will* come!)

2. D Von

D Von

Nov 13, 2005
    Rhode Island
    two words man, betty white.

soooo fine!

3. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Banned

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Ahhhhhhhh... The elusive GILF! So few found in the wild anymore. I was starting to think they were an endangered species until I saw an episode of John from Cincinnati on HBO. On that show, Rosanna Arquette plays a grandmother. That's right, a *grandmother*.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

Grandma Rosanna!

[​IMG]

:D

4. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England

Blasphemer!

5. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Mmm. They need to make a Golden Girls Gone Wild video.

tvgold.

Shake that thing Bea Arthur!

I'm pretty much attracted to women a couple years younger than me, in the 25-27 range.

6. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    My wife and I have been together for nearly 25 years and she is definitely more attractive than when we first started dating - and she was really nice looking to start. She's 43 now and absolutely beautiful.

Yes, I have noticed recently that I find "older" women much more attractive. A 20 year old bimbo with a killer body will still give me a whiplash when I snap my head to check her out, but it seems a) that I've learned the difference between hot and beautiful and b) at least in my case, beautiful counts a lot more than hot.

Except in rare cases, "hot" is temporary. On the other hand, real beauty lasts and lasts and lasts and ....

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

The Golden Girls Rock ! :cool:

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm much more attracted to older women. Early-mid thirties for me, even though that's almost double my age.

9. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Blythe Danner, Helen Mirren, and Emmylou Harris are all substantially older than I, and I find them very sexy and attractive.

Scarlet Johansen and Jessica Biel, OTOH, are substantially younger than I am. And they're hot, too.

10. Hotness hath no chronological boundaries! :D

11. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    slightly younger. I find myself being deeply attracted to my lil' sister's friends (1 year dif)

12. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    I find that as I get older I find women my age or approx. (38) more attractive... I think your attraction focus's less on the outside appearance and more on the mind and the experience... when I look at young girls I just view them as novices in life and that doesn't appeal to me...

13. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    +1
    Age means nothing to me.
    (as long as they're legal)

14. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    My age: 29. Wife's age: 38. Go me! You should see her in headphones... ;)

15. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    haven't u learned from the hot for teacher thread?

16. I am 18.

Granted, there are certain legal limits as to how much younger of a woman I date, but on the other end of the spectrum I find women attractive even into their 30's.

17. Eh. Someone around my age is fine.

18. a hot chick is a hot chick is a hot chick. the attitude and maturity level with definately be different with age so maybe that could be what draws your attention more and more.

19. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Banned

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Actually, I'm talking about physical attractiveness here. For reasons I can't explain, as I have gotten older I find that Patricia Heaton or Jami Gertz is more appealing than any of the Jessica Simpsons or Jessica Albas of the world.

Don't get me wrong -- Jessica Alba is an absolutely gorgeous girl. But, to my eyes, she's just that -- a girl, not a woman.

Now, I'm guessing if you're under forty you think I'm nuts, but if you're over forty, you at least understand what I'm saying, even if you think I'm nuts. But, I'd take Megyn Price over Paris Hilton any day of the week!

20. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    I'm not quite that old yet (24) but find that once I hit 22, my age-range had expanded greatly! It went from 18-23ish to 18-40ish - not really sure why but just something about them older ladies LOL. Won't turn down a young'n though ;)