1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you foresee the prices of used Sadowsky Metro basses dropping after the Metro Express release?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by anyonefortennis, Apr 24, 2018.

1. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Most metros on Reverb/TB Classifieds still fetch $1900-$2300 depending on the model. With incoming new basses at $1850, do you see the regular metro used prices dropping?

2. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Nope. Thats my perspective.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I guess no too because owners of Metros and USA Sadowsky can argue that basses are more refined and have more features. I also do not believe the new budget will be produced in large enough numbers to negatively affect the value of existing used basses.

4. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

I feel that it will affect the used prices for the mv and rv models. I don’t believe there will be much of a difference between the Metro and the express other than the colors available ... and the express may be lighter.

Just my opinion

5. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    I think it will affect resale of Metros for sure.

6. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    If you can buy a new express for 1850. Why would you buy a used
    Heavier metro for 1900 or 2100 .
    I don't see how it won't affect the price of the metros .

JLY likes this.