do you guys get dizzy when you see far away pictures of those incredibly large EQ's?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by KSDbass, Jun 30, 2005.

1. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
  2. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Uhhh...that's not an eq. It's a lump of crap that purports to be a mixing desk. I get dizzy looking at gear that has the "b" word on it.
  3. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    +1... I hate behr... oops almost said it... good thing i didn't, it may have caused everyone here to yak their lunch... :D
  4. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    then what are those EQ looking things on the bottom?
  5. Volume Sliders
  6. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Its meant to be a mixer. Its not as complicated as it looks. it just has a lot of tracks.and each one has the usual reverb, high, mid, low etc etc knobs.

if it wasn't a b********, it would be a mixer.

And yes, i do get dizzy. especially when you see the professional recording studios with a whole bunch of them.
  7. Trybass06

Trybass06 Guest

Jul 7, 2005
    Medford, Oregon
    sorry new to all this recording equipment is b******** just a bad brand or does there equipment just suck so bad that no one likes to mention it?
  8. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    b******** is the devil. learn that and a few other simple commandments and you'll fit right in! :D
  9. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    If you're on a tight budget, it will do. But, i am yet to read a review that doesn't mention some sort of complaint about lack of clean sound, reliability, build quality. some lower end yamaha gear is a better option, like the mg10/2
  10. Never used anything by B******** so i really can't say either way, but if you're in the market for a cheap mixer i pixed up a Yamaha mg10/2 a few weeks back basically just to use as a front end for a software based recorder and its worked fine.

Cheap too.

Not a lot of channels compared to a comparably priced B-Brand mixer but the ones you do have work great.

Alesis also has a to about the same price-range, never tried any of it but i've always been curious. I've always had really good luck with anything else I've ever used from Alesis.
  11. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Did a gig a couple of weeks ago at a place equipped with a 24-channel Eurodesk. Halfway through the show channel 1's fader stopped working, and our soundman had to ride the trim knob to mix our lead vocalist. The board didn't sound that great to begin with. All the knobs and features are a temptation at those prices, but I have yet to meet the person that didn't regret it later.
  12. Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Yup, that's no EQ; however, there may be EQ control knobs for each channel (low, mid, high). Each one of those sliders are faders. They increase when you slide them up, and decrease when you slide them down. Each one helps you to change the volume of the instrument plugged into that channel. As you record/perform, you can balance the volume of the instruments using the faders. If the guitarist is too loud (and they usually are), you can move the fader down.

13. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    They do make some decent stuff. I have their four channel headphone distribution amp and their patch bay, both are solid pieces.

But yeah... I've used their mixers before. Luckily I never made the mistake of buying one. Pretty noisy.