1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do you have a Carvin MB210 amp combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lmascheri, Mar 7, 2013.

1. lmascheri

lmascheri

Mar 7, 2013
    have crate BT100 1x15 spkr 100w combo amp 70 lbs--i want to travel lighter for club gigs. I know the 2 x 10 spkr config is popular...do the smaller speakers really put out a decent bass sound compared to a 15" spkr? Do you like the Carvin MB210? I thought I might start with it, and could always add the 210 ext cab later... Is Carvin a dependable brand?? Thanks for your input.

2. I don't know about the MB 210, but I have the MB 15 and i'm happy with it. But i'm a lot happier with the 15" ext speaker plugged into it. Its lightweight and got plenty of EQ to get a sound you like. I've only used it playing with some very loud friends and had no problem keeping up. I think you would be happy with whatever Carvin micro amp you choose. Their is a couple of lengthy threads on here dealing with the Carvin micro amps so make sure you check them out also if you haven't already.