Do you have a name for your bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by juanpauribe, Jun 12, 2002.

1. juanpauribe

Dec 16, 2001
    I do, his name is Juan. :D
  2. Albemuth

Jan 13, 2002
    I used to name them after my current girlfriend, but I've been alone since before I bought my last bass, hence she is still nameless:(
  3. pedro............................

nah.......... i just call my the thumper....
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Yup. Well, an old friend of mine actually gives them names, and they just kind of stick. My POS Moridira is Benny, my 5-string Samick is Benson (awesome TV show, by the way), and my new Conklin 7 is apparently either going to be "Buttons or Big Butt." I think she has a thing for B's.
  5. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Mine is named "Carvin BB75F."
  6. yep...mines called yogi(as in yogi bear)
  7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Julianne and Emma, named after the 2 girls i liked at the time when i brought the basses. I do this because when i go to buy my next bass, which is usually 3-4 years later, i can start think about names, so i start to think about the names of my other ones, hence brining back memories of who i liked at the time of when i brought my last bass.

This is Julianne and the one below is Emma

EDIT: emma no longer has stickers ;)
  8. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah. Mine are named "the 5 string" and "the fretless". :D

Very clever, I know.
  9. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I don't name my basses.
  10. Squier = Mr. P

Still need to find a good name for the ATK

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I must admit....yes...I do have names for 'em.

The one in the picture to the left is the Beastie Without Braces, it's fretted twin is the Beastie With Braces.

The Zon Sonus Special fretless 5 is Tina (as in Turner...cuz she's got an attitude, but sings like an angel).

The NS Design CR5M EUB is 'Retha (as in Aretha Franklin...cuz she's got the VOICE :D).
  12. My Godin A4 is Savannah and my Dano Hodad is Krista. :) Just as soon as I have enough money to buy a Carvin B4, I'll name her Alexandra.
  13. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    My Warwick is Dionne...or Dionne Warwick.
  14. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    i name 'em all after prostitutey-type monickers. my old P-Bass was called 'Tina', my current bass is called 'Peggy', and when i was rampaging around town with my teacher's 5-string fretless Yamaha, she was affectionately known as 'The Slut'.

i can't play fretless very well, and i was on a 'no swearing' order (don't ask), so the only word i could think of to substitute my much-loved 'F' word with was 'SLUT!'
    i get frustrated easily. i like to express this verbally :oops:
  15. mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    of course my bass has a name! everything else i have has names basically... all my computers.. well ima guy so you can prolly guess another thing i named =)

my bass is a Gretsch Electromatic Jet

and i named, her Gretschen =)
  16. Tony (as in the tiger, because it growls so much, and the tone i get out of it is GGGGGGGRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!)
  17. I've got names for three of the four basses I own.

My fretless Lakland 55-94 is called 'Ebony', because of the ebony fret board.

My fretted Lakland 55-94 is called 'Amber Rose'. It's got a quilted amber top with a rosewood fretboard.

And then theres my old black Fender Japanese P-bass, which was my main bass for about 12 years. That one is called 'The Black Bitch'. My wife actually named the bass because, when we were first going out, I would give it as much attention as I gave her.:)
  18. Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    ehh some words are autocensored.. soo
    1 my bass is called "bit*chstring" and the second one is "lady twang"
  19. mine is sure you can figure where that comes from! (i know, original, huh)
  20. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    actually, the Rob Allen doubleneck has three nicknames
    (it's the new math :) )..."Charles & Mambo" (Duckman's
    two-headed son), "M & M" (as in Manring and Mingus -
    like the tones I can get out of each neck :rolleyes: ). The third is...
    umm..."T & A" (hint: grew up on 70's television). PG-13 board.
    You figure out the correlation :D.