Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you have a prized possession?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jun 23, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Other then then your basses or other gear do you have a prized possession?.

2. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I've got 3...................

[​IMG]

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:

3. My 75 gallon cichlid tank:

[​IMG]

4. Oh yeah! Also my girlfriend but she's not a possession.... but I certainly take some pride in her sticking with a bum like me!

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Aside from my family (pets included), I've got a couple. Two are blankets, one's a pillow, one's a toy gun. Pretty much everything else can burn, and I'd be bummed, but if those four things go, I'd weep.

6. I have about 1000 empty smarties boxes I kept (I use to eat a few boxes a day... this was one years worth). I should get a pic of that soon

7. My grandpas' (both of them) ww2 medals. One set is original, the other set was remade by the DND. Not to mention all the photo albums my parents keep. I'd really be sad if those were lost.

8. most likely my cats (10 years each!!), my fam and my woman...

you said no basses, but i got my '97 MIA Jazz V right as it came out the box, and i've been through 26 basses since... she's all i use now!!! that is my true love.. sorry, i know you said no basses, but she really is... :hyper:

9. A cup/plate/fork/knife/spoon/bowl set that I won at a raffle.

10. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    It's a toss-up between my collection of Robotech toys and my wedding ring. The ring almost didn't happen, we were so poor at the time, and to make matters worse I'm an electrician and thus take it off frequently on the job...makes me paranoid about losing it.

And yes, my wife knows about me and Robotech. She understands, sort of :)

11. Probably my cd and dvd collections...

12. i forgot... i have a Mr. Burns doll that sings "money money money....money"...huh huh ... you touch, you die... :smug:

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    #1.....A bottle of Canadian Club Whisky that was made the year my grandpa was born, 1916. He died when I was four, but my dad gave it to me when I was old enough to respect it. My dads family has a tradition of purchasing a bottle of Canadian Club Whisky made in the year each child is born. No one is allowed to open them, I still have mine. It is right next to my grandpas. I would go berserk if someone took it.

#2........I have an unopened bottle of Coca-Cola for each year Penn State won the football national title. The bottles commemorate the season, and include a copy of the schedule, and the PSU logo. I have a football signed by Curt Warner when he played for PSU.

-Mike

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't really feel super-attached to any of my possessions. When I went and lived in China for a year I sold everything except my bass (but I did sell my amp) and it really didn't bother me at all. In fact I felt like it was a good thing. Anyway...except for maybe some photos and stuff there's pretty much nothing you could destroy of mine that I would really cry about...except for my wife and dog. And my wife isn't really a possession...unless we're visiting Qatar or something.

brad cook

15. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    some photos, some notebooks.

16. My cat (see avatar), although I'm not sure I really consider her a "possession".
    I've got a few other things that I like (golf clubs, etc.) but nothing that can't be replaced.

17. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Everything I own is a prize possession.

;)

18. My father's tools.
    My great-grandfather's percussion rifle.
    A percussion pistol I got from my brothers for my 21st birthday.
    My father's service revolver.
    My land and house.

19. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I have a ring that a loved one gave me, even though I'm not with her anymore I'd flip out if I lost it.
    I'd say my hockey equipment is a prized possession(s). It's irreplaceable because I'm poor, so if it were to get stolen I'd be super mad.

Oog :)

20. my cd and record collection. I have some crazy obscure records......Cal Tjader.