Do you have a TB notice planned for death?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassturtle, Jun 9, 2005.

1. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Just a thought, but most of us know each other pretty well and in one way or another are a part of each other's lives. What happens if something happened to you? Would you just end up on our TB MIA list? Have you told anyone that you'd like them to make a post on here with your account letting TB know what's happened to you? :confused:
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have not. I don't think my abscence would be noticed though.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

It would, your special. :)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thats an interesting thought, i think if you have friends that know your are an active in this community they would get word to us that one of us has Died.
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    In the event of my untimely death, I do have letters written (mostly to family and such). Part of the letter to my mom address TB. Mainly because I am a mod, I feel it would be wrong for me to just not do anything about it. I would have her send an email to Paul explaining what happened. Then, whatever Paul decides to do, is up to him.
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

If I disappear for a long time, someone google the Greenfield recorder obits.
  7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nah. I'll just let y'all wonder.
  9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    If I die, I'll let ya'll know.
  10. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    "Dear All

If you are reading this now, I am dead. As I was an integral part of your community for so many years, I think it appropriate at this juncture that I inform you that I am actually a guitar player. Sucked in.

11. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
  12. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I'll have somebody post the autopsy photos.
  13. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I don't make enough posts to warrant a special notice. I am the invisible man. :ninja:
  14. Latimour was a guitar player!?!?! :eek: No wonder he was such a jerk...

15. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    This actually happened on another board community I was a part of. A very popular and well like member posted a thread listing a bunch of stuff of his for sale, but wound up shipping the aprts and never collecting money, just saying "I'll get the check from you next time we have a get together". He ended up giving away thousands of dollars worth of car parts, some to people he'd never met.

A few months later his daughter emailed one of the mods and told us that he'd died of cancer. He gave the parts away shortly after he was diagnosed because he realized he would never be able to use them (his cancer was not discovered until it was too far advanced for treatment).

The forum took up a collection and purchsed a bouquet of flowers from a local florist. Then one of the members who was local to him printed out the thread where we'd all expressed our condolences and took it to the funeral. His family was very touched, but it seemed like the right thing to do. He was a major part of our lives, and we wanted to his family to know just how far his influence extended, and that many more people than they could ever see were sharing their grief.

He was always missed after that.
  16. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

i'm sure a lot of people wouldn't give a rat's ass if i couldn't post at TB any more.
  17. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I installed a micro-processor with Wi-Fi a capabilities (the pack is contained near my appendix). In the event that my brain loses function, or my heart stops beating for more than 7 hours, a post will be issued answering all ofyour unanswered questions.

It will also automtically place all of my gear for sale in the classifieds with the proceeds going to help orphaned 3-legged grasshoppers.

Seriously tho... that's something that's ocurred to me for other forums, chatlines and IM's... I'll need to print off a list, and have my executor of my "estate" (all $300 of it) do something... blaah *L* I don't have a will.. yet... maybe I should do that this weekend *L*
  18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    On a side note, I think I should be banned from TB. I post too much, I fight a lot, and if I was banned, I'd be forced to have a life...

... or I'd spend forever on myspace.
  19. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Are you saying there is no internet after life?

There goes my plan to take my computer with me to a grave:( with out internet computers are useless:(
  20. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

So true... ;)