1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Do you have matching basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RADUB1, Aug 15, 2007.

1. RADUB1

RADUB1

May 11, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I am in the process of getting a Fender American Deluxe P5 and I am looking for the matching American Deluxe J5..in the same color/neck/pickguard....anyone else have matching basses like this?

2. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    I have a Fretted and fretless Sterling. Also a Red and a black Steinberger....... Kind-of the same... but not.

3. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Yeah, guilty! :smug:

I'm a sucker for black/black/maple:

140-4095_IMG.

125-2506_IMG.

See?

:smug:

4. rockwarnick

rockwarnick

Jul 29, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    haha, yea. i see.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Ok, you win! Majorly sweet collection you've got there, Fender!
    I don't currently have anything that matches, but I'm always on the look-out for a fretless Cirrus 6 to match my fretted. I wouldn't mind a fretless mate to my Jazz or G&L, either, though I'd want the Jazz FL to be a 5 string, so I don't know if that's really a match.

6. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    I will have....

When I get a fretless it will be identical to one of my current basses....just cuz....

7. 82Daion

82Daion

Nov 14, 2006
    I used to.

490293f0.

8. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Totally unplanned, but I love it.

[​IMG]

9. bnutz

bnutz

Mar 27, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I don't have the cool pics like you guys, but I love the vintage-y sunburst/tortoise shell look.

I've got a newer P and an old J both with that color scheme. I'm currently trying to figure out what to sell to get a Reggie Hamilton V with the same look.

It's sort of geeky, but totally cool.

-b

10. shawn-o

shawn-o

Jan 29, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    Yeah. Gotta love white on white.

Jazzp.

11. Got this one a couple years ago....
    MYGL.

.....and this one is on it's way as of yesterday...
    GnLWide2-1.
    GnLCU-1.

The first has a #7 neck, the second has a #6, so think of them as having a P-neck and a J-neck. I'll post better pictures when my new gal gets here.

12. 88persuader

88persuader

Aug 5, 2007
    My two Modulus basses are both Quantums. One's a 5 string unlined fretless and the other is a 6 string fretted. Same body shape, same pickups and preamps but different woods and colors.

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Nope, not me.

14. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Very soon...a Spector ReBop DLX FM black cherryburst fretted, and a Spector ReBop 5 LX FM lined fretless blueburst on order. It'll be a few months, as Spector typically doesn't do blueburst ReBops.

I've also got a Yamaha RBX-775 freted flat silver and a custom RBX-775 fretless flat blue that are soon to be on the selling block. What can I say, I've got a thing for "sister" basses. ;)

15. Tomis17

Tomis17

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    In some countries you could get assasinated for having absses that beautiful. Just curious, what are the specs on the two fenders?

16. nastyn8c

nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    No and I don't want to. I want 3 more basses, all Dingwall. An SJ5 (3-tone, morado board), a Z1 (Indigoburst, maple board), and a Prima Artist (Naturally, natural :)). They'll all sound different, and they should all look different too.

A matching pair of J and P is awesome though.

17. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I have an SR4 in Honeyburst and an SR5 in Honeyburst...they have different color pick guards, but it's close enough!

I also have a 2nd SR4, but it's in natural...so yes I have matching basses...in a few different ways.

18. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Got three that match, Ric 4003 Jetglo, Gibson TBird Studio 5 ebony, and Fender GL Jazz. All are black with white pickguards, and chrome hardware. Very pretty indeed. Will post a pic when I get home, if'n I don't forget during the "busy" workday.

19. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    A trio of matching Fenders;

DSC00350.
    DSC00348.
    DSC00346.

20. Used to...sorta. I sold the fretted one.

Fbass1.

Fbass2.